supervisor/climber needed in south florida

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 175
  • Views 15K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you sure you've thought this through, Robdog? It seems to me you don't know what it costs to run a tree crew, even though you claim to have years of experience. Here are some quick weekly numbers I came up with. Do these sound reasonable?
Payroll for two employees - 1200.00 .. more like $900
Withholding - 300.00... about right
Worker's Comp - 450.00..more like$ 375
Liability Ins - 50.00...already paid for in main location
Truck & Chipper payments - 500.00...got em already
Fuel - 100.00....about $200
Maintenance - 50.00...do our own
Advertising - 100.00... seen my commercials...wow
Property & Office rent - 100.00... more like $1,000 for mortgage monthly$250 wk
Telephone - 25.00...sprint me!
Utilities - 25.00... na
Miscellaneous - 100.00... allagator repellent?

I"m sure I've left out a few things, but my point is that your expenses will quickly and easily top $3,000.00 per week.
With the state of the economy and you're being the new guy in town with no client base and no referrals, I just don't see this as a viable business venture. Also, November through March is the slow season here in Florida.

will clear $1,000 a week....easy

wierd accounting? yes I pay my taxes!

I think you are light on fuel Brett.

Robdog sure seems to have some wierd accounting idea's.

ok when you have a tree service there are two ways to go.Big or small.I chose small but versatile. accounting? My wife is a parralegal and tax expert who is also an arborist so how wierd is that? work hard ,play hard..... three different locals.......thanks for the support!

he'll prob do fine, once Horhay and Heuse get there. Besides take a look at his site, anit a peace of equipment in any picture worth more than $1000. LMAO he still using a whisper chipper. I'm sure all manual labor, he'll have a hell-ava time getting any real talant besides himself.

But I with ya giver hell man

Last edited:
guess ambition is lost here?

blaster I thought I was had your respect. well maybe one day You can come over here and do some crane work for us....top pay of course?

he'll prob do fine, once Horhay and Heuse get there. Besides take a look at his site, anit a peace of equipment in any picture worth more than $1000. LMAO he still using a whisper chipper. I'm sure all manual labor, he'll have a hell-ava time getting any real talant besides himself.

But I with ya giver hell man

do you think you know be ? You know how to show success in tree work? maybe the definition is whether a buisness has survived and made rediculous profit.. and witnesses maybe hundreds of other services drop dead during their run?

blaster I thought I was had your respect.

What made you think that? I don't know you from Adam. You're "neutral" in my book. You do strick me as being a tad lazy when I see how you use punctuation and capitalization, but hey - that's just me.

And what does "do you think you know be ?" mean? :?

do you think you know be ? You know how to show success in tree work? maybe the definition is whether a buisness has survived and made rediculous profit.. and witnesses maybe hundreds of other services drop dead during their run?

Known your type my whole careerer. You give the new company just enough to get by, cheap used crap, the poor smuck that takes it on will spend his weekends maintaining it just to make a pay check. Your profit, is that you always get your 2/3rds of their work. hundreds? Me thinks you exagerate, but I'm sure you have seen your share of them drop. Anyways good luck hope to see a Tree wilderness Fl location.

good point butch.

we all climb, doing something most people can't. how we do it is our prerogative.

Attachments

• DCP_0022.JPG
    DCP_0022.JPG
    719.9 KB · Views: 9
I think the puncutation/spelling may be partly a generational thing. The new generation with their instant messaging where speed is needed, sometimes these habits are also used in e-mail. When I worked at Gallo I saw this sometimes with young people. Personally I think it shows a lack of respect to who you are communicating with. But the young guys thought that doing that was a waste of time.

I'd say the lack of proper education in today's schools comes into play as well.

I've known some really sharp people that can't spell worth a damn. My Auntie is a newspaper reporter & part-time local cable channel anchor. By her own admission, if it weren't for 'spellcheck' she'd be lost. Even then, it doesn't catch everything. My daughter Rachel is scarey smart, but spelling properly escapes her completely.

I have to agree with the use of cheap, used equipment. It becomes a way of life to be constantly repairing & "rigging" shit, and it's a major bummer. I've worked for people that "wing" it on a daily basis. It's exhausting & frustrating.
Not sayin' your stuff is like that, Rob. I didn't check it out.
If anyone can turn a buck in this biz, it's the one's who are willing to take chances, no ? Just don't get yourself or somebody else killed doing it ! LOL

well then i apologize to whoever i type to for any disrespect you may feel in advance:)

My phone has an intuitive program in it, you just hit the key you want, and it starts forming words that can be made from your choices, it's spooky accurate. No excuse for cheesy text language in the "real" world.

Back