Sherrill buys Honey Brothers and Treekit in the UK

My bad. It was Buckingham.

I don't know what use Stephen puts his 20 oz. bags too...but for me they are more often tied on after the throw or BigShot use with a somewhat lighter bag, for manipulations requiring pulling a lot of line back down.

edit: I see his answer.

Used for that too to help isolate a line.
I rarely use under 16oz here. You'll find those will often just not come down. Unless you really need a high shot. Like 100 foot plus.

Today I pulled my line right into a tree I hand threw a week ago. 20oz weight to 75 feet on 100+ ponderosa. Across two limbs with that bark, I would have had to let the throw weight run to the street at 16oz. Not cool.
Climbed up. Set the zip line and my tie in about 90. Then got to work. Had that lined out and topped in 3 hours, chunked down by 4hr mark. Just had to lay them flat. Up on a hill, thus brush lined to driveway. 4.5 hrs start to finish, including packed and billed.
Having that line in when I dropped the chipper off a week ago made the day go slick.
Yes. I wraptored up to the 75 foot mark saving my knee some stress. Plus a week of sick.

A 20oz sounds nice. My APTA only shoots 12oz though. Maybe I could change barrels? It’s homemade with a 1.5” threaded galvanized steel barrel. I usually let it drop, clip on another bag, and then pull it up to work it where needed. The 20 may save that step.

Last edited:
the ftc stiffline has teflon spray coating on it when its new, some people use automotive teflon spray to make sticky throwline slick again..

I made a mistake. It shoots a 12oz. At least that’s the perfect fit. Making a longer one is a good idea. I’ll never do it but it’s an excellent idea. I don’t know how to use a sewing machine and it’s too tedious to hand stitch 🤪

I assume yours is the same diameter as mine. I can squeeze a 14oz weaver bag in, and a wesspur 14oz fits easily.

edit:
The "wesspur" bag is made by climbright. It just has their name on it. a climbright bag from elsewhere would be the same thing I imagine.

Last edited:
I really like the hard ball I got for positioning. In retrospect, I should have gotten the Pulsar, but the 12oz ball works ok. I like it specifically for manipulating the line through the canopy. Throw a regular bag, let it drop, then hook up the hard ball for positioning. It's not essential gear, but it's a nice addon to the kit that makes life easier in the right trees.

This is the one I should have gotten...

I got the 12oz Meteor, cause 12 is my preferred weight, but I like it better as a manipulation bag than a throwbag. They're expensive, and not absolutely necessary, but you can make them dance in the limbs. It's a nice tool to have for trickier setups.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've liked FTC stuff for years and we have been approached by them to sell their gear, we may start stocking the throwline but apart from that and maybe the lowering devices which are sexy but we probably won't sell that many of them, there's not much else that catches the eye.

I've liked FTC stuff for years and we have been approached by them to sell their gear, we may start stocking the throwline but apart from that and maybe the lowering devices which are sexy but we probably won't sell that many of them, there's not much else that catches the eye.
You have a retail store ?

You got off lucky, Rich. Remember all the grief he gave me after I reviewed the Rope Knight he did send to me?

There's at least three threads regarding the history between Thomas and the TreeHouse writ large. Search will get you there if anyone is curious, I suspect.

Back