supervisor/climber needed in south florida

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 175
  • Views 15K
like what? i dont understand punctuation very well. when i do arborist reports my wife goes over them so i can add stuff in to make it proper.

guess you can tell that the same way you can tell a climber from a wannabe on his first day:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is all florida tree work on hold?

checked most of the services in broward and it looks like most are not even hireing arborists now. Well since I am going in blind I just might have to rely on the obama technique of scouting support door to door.People used to tell me that there was no work in the high desert,proved them wrong for 26 years,why not try expanding in an area where trees actually grow?
thanz for the feedback....tree work until I croak....retirement is for Doris Day!

Hey Robdog, why not just buy me out and you'll have a turn-key operation with an impeccable reputation for quality and top notch employees and equipment. Seriously, make me an offer. :D

buying out "V"

Hey, get in line! I am farther south :lol:

funny girl! buying out this gal would just about make me liquidate my whole show and then I gotta deal with the next ten years of hurricanes? out there on the end O the world. I will come down to visit you some time though.That place in marathon looks like a cool settup!

consulting arborist or

Hey Robdog, why not just buy me out and you'll have a turn-key operation with an impeccable reputation for quality and top notch employees and equipment. Seriously, make me an offer. :D

an arborist who consults? ok Ill bite ....your website dosent show much of what you set up is so .How many employees,what type of equipment and is it commercial ,residential, city?.....pm me a $#
be there in Ft lauderdale to turn in my class A lic and then its off to corrall one of those bitchen little repos.....nv 23....dec 5
dontchu just love florida? I dunno yet but it looks sweet on google earth!

robdog, I don't want to burst your bubble, but the traffic in WPB is horrible. But, then again, I am spoiled down here.

wpb

robdog, I don't want to burst your bubble, but the traffic in WPB is horrible. But, then again, I am spoiled down here.

how is broward county is all I am gonna care about right now.for now I just want to start up a small crew for about four day a week.......Yes you must be spoiled soakin up paradise all day long. You are blessed.

Florida tree service rules

So No contractors lic necessary,No worker comp for crews under 4, and 15 to 20% workers comp rates..Nice set up! licenced arborist get a pass on a class A licence.Got that but sheeezz the trees are different than Caliifornia.Banyan,palms everywhere,oaks and something that looks like a jacakranda but not? Well it looks like fun so probably going for it....

understood

I see that but living in the high desert in Cailfornia and makeing a good living for 26 years has been good and will continue to be .I love what I have seen so far,lots of trees and plenty of work in broward and Palm beach compared to Victorville.A good oppertunity for a guy like me.Small service with low overhead. Thanks for the kind words.

Rolling?

Well I wouldnt say that .I have been doing some consultant work for two golf courses. Funny when a supervisor sees that little arborist cert they automatically think you are wise to the trees where ever you are. Working on setting up some condo association contract deals but so far I have been back and forth three times working out a crew.Slow then go.

Last edited:
One should be familiar with the trees one is working with. It's not unreasonable for them to expect that.

I just hope he has never heard of Savannah, Ga.- We'll all be put out of business.;);)

There is enough work for all

If a guy can get the work why jump up and be so negative.It is there for anyone who dares to sell it? good luck to all. first to get a signed contract first to drink margaritas on white sand beaches while wahinis pour and pour!

hey rob,
dont worry about all the negative responses, it's the competetive nature of business;
and after all, if youre going into other tree guys neighborhoods, youre gonna hear them complain,
hell i bitch when i see tree clowns from so cal up here to do pg&e hazard removals
really, try to come up here, and i know for sure there would be whinning and bitching, back stabbing etc, its just business and ego put together
so i wish you luck , try not to bottom out the market in your new neighborhood, and stick to isa standards and ya may do ok with your new location,
and for everyone whos neighborhood rob is marching into, just wait and see what happens,

Thank for the kind words

Treeguy I get ya.The whole thing about comming into another mans territory is touchy.I went through that when I first started in 1982.No matter who or where you try to make a living someone isnt not going to be too happy with your presence in their city.The fact is that there is enough work for every good climber and his crew.If I can sell the Job or if not I will work.Anyone who really wants to make a living wont begrudge a man for a vacation home right? appreciation granted!

I've worked 3 days this month, none of the 20-30 companies I work with have any work and I'm trying to get hooked up on some storm work or EAB abatement work in MA right now in order to cover my bills and not go deeper in debt in order to buy food. But yeah, I'm sure you can come down here and hire a couple guys off the street and sell enough work to buy a retirement home here without actually having to break a sweat. :roll:

Back