Sherrill buys Honey Brothers and Treekit in the UK

I was gonna order something from Honey Bros once. That was the only place that had the item I was interested in. I can't remember what "item" was now. I guess I didn't need it that badly.

thats too bad, used to order alot from them before the brexit.. they werent exactly a small company but still sad to see the big shark eating all the fish.

Were the two companies publicly traded on the stock exchange?
They probably got an offer they couldn’t refuse if they weren’t.
Not that I support VSG or it’s subsidiaries. Maybe the saying “ the quickest way to go broke in business is to expand” is true.

Tobe Sherrill is truly the John D. Rockefeller l of treegear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Were the two companies publicly traded on the stock exchange?
They probably got an offer they couldn’t refuse if they weren’t.
Not that I support VSG or it’s subsidiaries. Maybe the saying “ the quickest way to go broke in business is to expand” is true.

Offer they couldn't refuse I reckon.

It came as a total surprise to all, industry people included, We'll have to wait and see what their huge buying power results in.

I ordered some Green Teeth from Treestuff on 10/7.
On 10/11 I got notification that something had shipped, arriving 10/13. I schedule work for the 14th.
10/13 rolls around and I find they shipped a 6"x6"x6" package with just the free chaff they include with every order. They shipped the teeth separately on 10/13, arriving 10/17. Had to reschedule the work.

Amazing they would ship the free trash separately. It was a buff and a coupon for 7% off. Gotta figure it cost them at least $10 to do that.

Bartlett seems decent. I kinda stick with what I know, which is more wesspur than anything. Treestuff's gotten less cool as time's gone on. Arbsession has some interesting cordage that isn't common over here. I got some tendon prusik cord that's been pretty good. Dunno if it's better than the standards, but it's good cord. I go to baileys for ground oriented stuff. I've heard grousing about them after they were sold, but they've always been alright to me. The "old" baileys predates my involvement, so I have no frame of reference.

Bartlett has been my go to. I love them for service and pricing. The only 2 orders from Treestuff have resulted in very long ship times for in stock stuff. But hey, at least I got a cool sticker! Made the extra long delay worth it ;)

Back