Clarity of responses and readability in debates within threads

SeanKroll

Treehouser
I've notice that when a post is not including a quoted post, nor immediately following the quote being responded to, nor mentioning someone's name, that it is hard to follow who is addressing which point.

I know I'm guilty of not being clear and proofreading. Sometimes I am awake in the middle of the night for an hour or three. I've been up since 2am, today.

Addressing someone by name would help a lot.

Quoting the post being responded to will help.

Butch had his pet peeve, but I’m not sure if anyone else is bothered by quoting the previous post.

Boy, you got that right, Carl.

I watched Butch numerous times "managing the fourm"

Spending hours reading posts. He had them memorized. And it peeved him when someone quoted a post.

To keep a thread in context, between different members, you got to quote the previous post sometimes.

Otherwise, like Sean said. WTF?

I totally agree with what you all said. I gotta say that I think Butch had a point when it comes to over quoting everything when it does not add to clarity. Edit your quotes.

Furthermore, if you highlight a section of text from a post, options will usually appear that allow you to quote and reply to the selected text. It doesn't always work, but it usually does.

I thought that it was to save easily a little bit of data storage for the forum. But it's just a supposition.

Back