The Snowplowing Thread

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 19K
Lol, those are shots of pushing up a couple of little piles about as exciting as it gets. I dunno sometimes running the bag right off the truck is fun too, well until I break something.:D

Plow season is upon us again. Who else here burns the midnight oil. My sleep is when and where I can get it now. But it sure helps keep the bill collectors at bay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell yeah my Canadian brutha! Money falls from the sky for us this time of year... and it grows on trees the rest of the year!;)

I'm signed up to run a plow truck this winter. Beat assed Chevy 2500hd, whatever, be nice to have the income. Although it'd also be nice if a flake of snow never flew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Word, I haven't changed anything either... 'cept tires.;)

:D

Brendon, the big money is in having your own contracts in place. But still most guys pay a driver well 'cause the hours suck ass. If it didn't/hadn't snowed at all here this year I'd still make money.;)

Plowing kicks the crap out of a truck though. Atleast the way I do it.:evil:

I hear that. I'm not interested in running my own rig though. I'd rather be paid the hourly and go to town in someone elses truck. I'm paid well there, so it's all good.

I am kind of jealous that some of you guys get to plow already... never thought I would be saying that. :) It looks like I won't even be putting the plow on until December, which is weird because we usually have some snow by Thanksgiving.

Yah it won't take many hours behind the blade to change that attitude. Lol.

love hate relationship, I worked plowing snow 10 to12 hr days then hour drive home when I worked a Stratton Mtn in Vt. We plow deep while others sleep was the motto.
One cool job short the hours, Then went to working and Maintaining the snowboard parks and half pipe. My neck, I don't think will ever forgive me for that, Pita always craning head around to make sure things were right on the takeoffs and landings.:evil:

A friend of mine raises apples and plows the freeway during the winter. The plowers live at various stations along the line, trade off in shifts. When the snow is light he complains about a lot of boredom. They used to drink a lot of sake, but that has tightened up.

Well it is getting that time of year again .Time to put the chains and blade on the tractor .Make sure the battery is charged with a full tank of gas .

So far it has only got below freezing once .This is Ohio though ,you just never know what can happen almost over night .Big lake up north, ya know .

Back