The Snowplowing Thread

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 19K
Sorry Brendon we seen that pic already, I wanna see what kinda pimpin plow you put on her!

Are you in need of a new cutting edge on it? Looks like that corner is wearing out.

LOL, bad ass huh!

The very corner of the plows are bent from factory so it won't dig into the ground, the cutting edge is a smidge warn from being angled always but won't affect anything.

Looks like the whole east coast in US is getting hit since yesterday. Not much here just blowing and light drifting. Might take the plow truck out for a look see later down the 700' driveway 8).

Many times I was on the 3rd 4x4 trying to pull 2 others out in drivway. Stick one, get another go in somehow stick it, then take 3rd one in to get 2nd one I stuck and start all over again. :lol: Learning from experience and got a nice manual puller now for that just in case moment :\:.

Good thing I inspected before plowing drifts today. I found a pass side pivot bolt sheared off the plow. There is 2 of them that mount the lower section of moldboard to A-frame. Cant believe it sheared both ends off at some point without me ever noticing.

List for bolt with zerk fitting is $39 and lock nut $4. Meyer is as bad as stihl on parts thinking their gold.

You have that low spot and little angle dangle coming off that building which would make it worse than mine plus your additional 150 feet .

Mine is usually just a beech about the last 100 feet nearest the road .Up near the house there's those big trees which kind of slow it down most times .

about 10 inches fell on Christmas day.....plowed for free, I know Iknow...show me the money.

started with our drive...then loaded up to plow my parents drive and inlaws. They live a a condo community. Thier plow guy said he could not get there....WTF?

I have to turn around at the local fire dept when headed up my drive with a truck. Noticed no one plowed thier entrances and in front of the bays...Hohoho, did it again for free. Holiday cheer ya know. Chief's mom came out gave me a hug and cookies.....Moms know cookies make it all better.

heres a few pics. Hopefully make some money today

What size plow is on that? Does it tilt? How does it handle it?

Sorry for all the questions!

Those Simplicity lawn tractors had one or maybe several models that used a big single cylinder engine 16-18 HP .My heavens did that bone shaker engine have the low end lugging power .Under a real heavy load they would pull down and sound like a John Deere tractor but you almost could not stall them .

Plowed out the farm yard. Have to go next door and open up so we can get into those barns too. At least a foot of snow everywhere, drifted 2-3 most places and one 5 foot drift blocking the barn door. Almost a complete white-out right now, high winds, maybe 15 F

Plowed out the farm yard. Have to go next door and open up so we can get into those barns too. At least a foot of snow everywhere, drifted 2-3 most places and one 5 foot drift blocking the barn door. Almost a complete white-out right now, high winds, maybe 15 F

I was just ordering some plow parts in Frankin, NJ and they said 12" was on ground and still coming down.

My local dealer ticked me off today with his lack of knowledge on parts and looking them up, so I told him I would go elsewhere. I knew all the part numbers and type plow and he was still lost. To think he is a featured retailer :?, must be like a gold certified tech :lol:.

The occasional plowing marathon isn't bad. However it's the steady diet of long days that will get to you. I used to fill in for a week or so at a time at my first job. One commercial account had to be ready to go for about 5 am, and at two hour intervals until about 10-11 pm. Then you had everything else. You'd sleep maybe 4 hours a night, and this goes on all winter. I think this is where zombies originated.:lol:

Yesterday I discovered why Burnham drives around all year with a snow plow at work.

There was dozens of tree up rooted, from the wind/snow load. We got a call while we were out, a spruce uprooted and fell with the tips landing in the garage door. At that point we had another 5 hrs of plowing, and luckily I loaded the saw before we left. Cut it in 4-6' lengths. made some relief cut to the limbs didn't brush the truck, sent the boss in the truck and had at it. Worked like a charm. Surely we are going to cuss ourselves out when it comes cleanup time, but at that point there won't be 12-16" of snow. :|:

Here's the little work horse, thought it'd be a cool pic in the snow.

Attachments

• tractor 12-28-10 004.JPG
    tractor 12-28-10 004.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
  • tractor 12-28-10 001.JPG
    tractor 12-28-10 001.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We've gotta storm coming in today that's supposed to dump 5-10in.... I hope!

Heres my little plow I need to convert

Attachments

• 0109111528a.jpg
    0109111528a.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 0109111527a.jpg
    0109111527a.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 0109111527b.jpg
    0109111527b.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 3
Back