What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Came across a bunch of Chanterelles in the woods today.

So, fresh pasta with chanterelle cream sauce and a salad from garden and tunnel.
The Swiss are great lovers of wild mushrooms, so I'm in very good standing with the mail order bride today.
She promptly took a picture of the catch, to send to her sister.

First fresh homemade basil pesto for the season, on tortellini. Big salad on the side. Avocados are especially nice right now.

Steamed up a huge plate of broccoli in the Instant Pot. Came out perfectly. I sprinkled about a teaspoon of Parmesan on top, which made a big difference. I like steamed broccoli as is, but the Parmesan was a nice addition. I've heard nutritional yeast is a good cheese alternative with a lot of good stuff in it. Going to try that sometime. Going to have a big handful of pistachios and call it a day.

Not dinner, but breakfast...made a batch of my pancakes and substituted wholemeal spelt for the regular flour, served it to the Mr. and he gave them the tick of approval. Yes! Been trying all sorts to make good pancakes without wheat flour as we both are partial to pancakes 🥞

I'll ask my gf, she has lots of gf (gluten-free) recipes.

Btw, @pigwot has/ had a good g-f energy bar recipe that be he shared with me after Zipfest. I don't have it anymore. Gluten doesn't particularly bother me, to my knowledge. Probably good to reduce, all the same.

A gluten-free recipe thread would be good in the TH Kitchen.

I'm just trying to avoid wheat, not gluten in total.
I did really well for a couple years and both of us lost weight without trying. Another thing to blame on Covid, got lazy...and the fact there are two fab bakeries within 2 minutes walk of my house.
Anecdotally my mild arthritis improved and general fatigue and achiness also.

Had “Thai Tacos” as our Thai-based granddaughter calls them this evening. Lettuce leaves filled with all sorts of Thai goodness.

Spent the day at Chatuchak Market in Bangkok today. Crazy huge place with everything from street food to fine art. Must be about 8,000 stalls!

Photo through the glass door of one artist’s stall.
94F09E49-9D40-44AD-84BA-81747900ECC2.jpeg