What Do You Field Guys Do For Lunch?

My caffeine intake has gotten a bit out of hand. Like many drugs, a tolerance can build.

Yea it keeps me going on this weird swing shift. 7am to 7pm for 4 days, then 4 days off, then 7pm to 7am for 4 nights, then 4 days off. Repeat for about 23 years :cry:

The time off is nice. Mini vacation every week if I don’t take overtime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure what an odd schedule of coffee would be for me. I drink a bit less in the summer, though it's still at least a 10cup pot every day. Winter time, I'll go to bed with a cup of coffee. It might be my second pot for the day. I'll sometimes fall asleep, and finish the cup cold in the morning. I'd have to wake up 2am to make coffee or something to get on an odd schedule :^D

we make peanut butter jelly sanwiches by the bag full and put em in the freezer. pesto salami sandwich in the freezer. is good. make a bunch of quesadillas. put them on the dash board to thaw out. or i like them even frozen in the summer.
lots of bananas and apples
ry-vita crackers or keneke crackers and herring or sardines are good too.

i got an insulated yeti jug which stays cool all day and warm in the winter when i put tea in it.

i don't know how you foodless guys manage. i can't keep weight on me and i eat three times a day. i hate eating out what an enormous waste n of time and money. grub hub for the crew on a big job is nice . one of my guys doesnt bring food a lot and he always looks miserable Round 2 o'clock.
Just like driving the highway on fumes with the chip truck and chipper is avoidable and only sensible not to do, the guy running on fumes is a danger.

If someone can't feed themselves, they don't work for me.

Why do you take such a risk with everything you've worked so hard for, @Kevin (notification isn't working)?

oatmeal for breakfadt
Just like driving the highway on fumes with the chip truck and chipper is avoidable and only sensible not to do, the guy running on fumes is a danger.

If someone can't feed themselves, they don't work for me.

Why do you take such a risk with everything you've worked so hard for, @Kevin (notification isn't working)?
how many guys you running with these days Sean?

Fwiw, I have a nice breakfast on the weekends- a bowl of oatmeal with homemade trail mix (various nuts, coconut, raisins, various seeds, dried cranberries/blueberries),plus flaxseed, little more coconut and peanuts, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, a spoonful of grape nuts cereal, hemp milk. Great flavor and very filling.

Fwiw, I have a nice breakfast on the weekends- a bowl of oatmeal with homemade trail mix (various nuts, coconut, raisins, various seeds, dried cranberries/blueberries),plus flaxseed, little more coconut and peanuts, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, a spoonful of grape nuts cereal, hemp milk. Great flavor and very filling.

Are you trying to pick a fight with me?

You are eating compost.

Please. Fight with you?? Nah. You've got Innuit blood, we good!!

I mean, yeah, compost! :boogie: ;):|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kale's pretty meh. Kinda tastes like dirt. I do like kale chips, but they're expensive. I'll get them every so often.

My lovely wife sets me up with plenty o salads :drink:

Greens will complete a nutritional need. They are not just for the less robust, but standard fare for some of the toughest critters on the planet.

Back