What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

OK...kale...glad it prevented your genes from extinction :D. Not in my genetic history, but a lot of other garden greens filled the same niche.

Tonight, my friend...M used my lovely sister's tomato pie recipe to extreme delight :). Another vegetarian meal we love.

M's best on the planet pie crust, open topped. Filled with sautéed onion, garlic, basil and oregano (dried, from the garden), canned romano tomatoes, topped with a mixture of grated sharp cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Baked to beautiful browned perfection. Another magnificent salad as a side.

Yum :D.

Sounds delightfull.

The mail order bride has wanted to go to Wales for a long time.
Since we can't go anywhere till I'm finished with Chemo, I made Welsh rarebit to make up for that.
First but not last time I've tried that.
As expected, the Swiss cheese lover really enjoyed it.

... Most Vikings have a craving for Kale in winter, it is in our genes.
Only thing that'll keep fresh in winter and what kept the old folks from dying from scurvy...

That's interesting, Stig. We eat a ton of Kale, love the stuff but can't seem to keep the fresh stuff for more than a week so we generally freeze it for the winter.

What I meant was that the plants are very hardy and will live through even hard frost.
We used to have winters here, before Global warming.
When I was a kid, before we could get frozen vegetables and back when things like oranges were something rarely seen, every farm or country house would have a vegetable garden with Kale and Leeks, the only things that could handle the winters.
If it got real cold, we had to bring the leeks in and eat them before they spoiled, but the kale could handle any kind of cold.

Kålgård is the old Danish word for vegetable garden.
Literally means Kale yard. Grønkål, meaning green cabbage is the name for Kale.

Deep fried chicken. Creole butter injection. 6101EB1B-ABEA-457F-9F08-795EF523AC4F.jpg
Wife ripped the legs off before I could get a whole picture. It was damn good though

That's funny Rich. I have the gas version of your stove/oven. That bird looks great!

We have been out to relatives/friends every night over the weekend for dinners, to celebrate my wife's birthday. It's been amazing. Tacos at the in-laws Friday, beef dip and double baked potatoes with a ton of appies and salads Saturday with friends, and a fully turkey dinner with homemade birthday cake at my parents last night.

The question was put forward by my daughter last night if you could have a full time landscaper or a full time chef, but only one. Which would It be? I said chef for sure! Man I love food.

Shit, no!
I like cooking, but turning it into a full time job would ruin it.
That is what happened with me and woodturning.

A nice little filet mignon on the smoker grill, steamed brown rice, and a ripe avocado.

Sorry, Stig my friend. Needs must, on occasion :D.

Caught that from a recent post. Amazing to me, and makes me a tiny bit sorry for you. But whatever suits your palate is what is right for you.