What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Grits is good Southern food, true enough. But it's just new world polenta.

Stig will not find tonight's main dish appealing...

And all these years I thought I was missing out on something, used to have that for breakfast when I was a kid. Breakfast Delight.

Tried polenta when it got trendy. Ha, big surprise.

Lean sirloin with carrotts & spinach from the garden. The veggie garden survived the heat with me being away, and I had to pay someone to water it sometimes but it was worth it.

You are not missing much Boss. I just don't get the appeal of grits. I have had them in Kentucky on several occasions but yeah I don't get it.

Along with buffalo wings our area is famous for a hot roast beef sandwich called beef on weck. Thin sliced rare and hot r.b. on a kummmelweck roll with horseradish slathered on. The roll usually has coarse salt and carraway seeds. Very tasty.

Hells yea, I love beef on weck, heavy on the horseradish!

Is beer battered haddock popular anywhere else?
My din tonight, traditional Friday dinner and almost mandatory during lent lol. Usually with fries, I prefer onion rings.
20190125_204844.jpg

For Stig...;)

Orzo pasta, with broccoli, seared crushed red pepper and peanuts, feta cheese, home hade basil pesto, topped with fresh grated Romano cheese.

To die for.

Now, that sure sounds fine.

I've still got about 10 pounds of Pesto in the freezer.
I'll have to up my Basil production next year, the mail order bride's kids really love pesto.
My veterinarian friend has some neat insulated boxes used for shipping tissue samples and such overseas.
They work really well on pesto, too.

So I can fill a box, freeze it and ship it to Schweiz, no problem.
Holds about 3 pds of Pesto Genovese.

I'll do a Kale soup with butter beans today.
Tuscan origin and damned good.

Most Vikings have a craving for Kale in winter, it is in our genes.
Only thing that'll keep fresh in winter and what kept the old folks from dying from scurvy.

I was practically raised on it.