The Snowplowing Thread

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 19K
I think the yiddish expression is more like Oy vei.... but who says that there can't be Jewish pirates? First we have to know if Squish was circumcised. :/:

There are no pics in this thread: you can see that from the opening page of this forum. The attachment icon isn't there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Plowing isn't exactly something you'd get pics of.... mostly done at night and the pics would be kinda boring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Dave, nice plow!! I have the same one;)

There was some pics in here at one time? I had posted some awesome, exciting, exhilirating, action pics of pushing up piles.

Lol.

Pushing all that white stuff around, don't be a naughty Eskimo.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk46W4et-0o?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk46W4et-0o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've got pics but they don't show much but snow .

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0103.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0103.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Copy of HPIM0107.JPG
    Copy of HPIM0107.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 1
The places where you guys get a lot of snow, do they even bother to salt the roads? Middle of the night work here.

Sand but no salt that I know of.. It's CA man! You don't wanna salt the streams to kill the trout they are going to poison to save a frog thing :roll: Now back in MA when I lived there... You just slapped more Duct Tape on the fenders to keep out the rain and diminish the flapping.... :lol:

Speaking of duct tape, salt is really hard on car bodies....underframes, that's for sure...just invites rust. Salt helps snow to melt, though, I can really tell if a road has been salted during the night if it has stopped snowing, and pass through some hours after that. What you guys have only increases traction. :P

They sell it too, from small to large bags, so you can salt you driveway or whatever. I don't think it is recommended to be put on your mashed potatoes, some other chemicals in there as well, or something.

salt/sand mix around here for roads as far as I know. A lot of places use 'ice melter' now for sidewalks etc, its not salt and it often doesn't tell you what the heck it is in the bag.

Salt/sand. Also those fancy pants new spray on de-icing chemicals are becoming popular for roadways and parking lots. That sh-t is toxic though as far as I can tell.

about 10 inches fell on Christmas day.....plowed for free, I know Iknow...show me the money.

started with our drive...then loaded up to plow my parents drive and inlaws. They live a a condo community. Thier plow guy said he could not get there....WTF?

I have to turn around at the local fire dept when headed up my drive with a truck. Noticed no one plowed thier entrances and in front of the bays...Hohoho, did it again for free. Holiday cheer ya know. Chief's mom came out gave me a hug and cookies.....Moms know cookies make it all better.

heres a few pics. Hopefully make some money today

Attachments

• snow1225 005.jpg
    snow1225 005.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 3
  • snow1225 004.jpg
    snow1225 004.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 3
  • snow1225 008.jpg
    snow1225 008.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 2
  • snow1225 003.jpg
    snow1225 003.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 3
nah..just a mini here. Actuall ybetter for all the crazy driveways here. It was only 31, which aint bad....gonna get cold and really windy over the next two days though

Damn John,

Your sending that shit up here now. The old Simplicity below is all ready for snow, I got the plow hooked up on her. The mini is on backup under the cover it.

I've got 25ish other driveways to plow for someone else, in a truck though. :|:

Attachments

• 1966 Landlord 101 002.JPG
    1966 Landlord 101 002.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 2
Back