The History Channel; Ax Men

Ya got that right Gerry, it's about the ratings and not the reality. The closest thing to reality was when Melvin Lardy lost the log, and it went sliding back down the hill, Chris ( I think that's the guys name ) said "if that log had hit you I would have to pack you out in two pieces, that log would have ripped you in half".
Butch, I saw that this moring in a word "cheesy" what was with those axes? Did you notice the maddox on the back side of the axe head? :?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was suprised to see no eye protection. I'd laughed my ass off if Lester woulda caught one of those flying chips in his eyeball, LOL.

I'm going to the in-laws tonight to watch the first episode and the second. I'm looking forward to it.:D

Alright, there's just enough time...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyCPhIjmk-s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyCPhIjmk-s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wow, this episode is WAY better. Sweet.

The Claw guy just gave a good example of domino felling.

Awww, his spur strap busted...

And he has the top straps on backwards!

And he climbs like a gurl!

He's gonna get drunk tonight to celebrate because he climbed a 40' spar, LOL.

that poor kid better learn to kick in or hell get some vertical scars to remember for the rest of his life that and having crappy straps on the spurs is going to get someone killed

Well nothing wrong with that if you're a logger :lol:. 40' climb, pecker poles in the previous shows what's up with this? I gotta check this show out one way or another. Paul you get it on your cable stuff?

Did he top the spar?

They shoulda done better than that, just for the good of the show.

Crikey.

It was a better episode, up 'til that last part.

I cant believe they claim to make the money they claim and have crappy spurs. broke straps???? wtf? A set of straps is like $15. Youd think they had about 2-3 sets laying around. Im no spiker, in fact, I hate spikes, but Id like to think I could spike a spar that slow.

That dominoe felling was infact pretty cool.

I didnt think either that those motors running down the lines were taht dam big. wow, was i surprised.

I didnt think either that those motors running down the lines were taht dam big. wow, was i surprised.

What do you mean the carriage? Motorized carriage? Have they said what make or model of either yarder or carriage that they're using?

And did he top the spar? Just set rigging? C'mon guys I need answers.:D

Yes, the carriage. Dunno about model, but they have diesel engines.

No, he only hung a block atop the spar, but it took him eternity to do it.

Back