Small Cable Yarder

It is from a Swedish wet storage of wood from the clean-up after the 2005 hurricane.
Wet meaning that the logs are being soaked by sprinklers to keep them fresh, until the mills can catch up with what's being cut.
Sweden had about 76 000 000 m3 wood knocked over in that storm.
A lot of danish fallers went up there to help out with the clean-up. I did a small job up there to help a friend out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is from a Swedish wet storage of wood from the clean-up after the 2005 hurricane.
Wet meaning that the logs are being soaked by sprinklers to keep them fresh, until the mills can catch up with what's being cut.
Sweden had about 76 000 000 m3 wood knocked over in that storm.
A lot of danish fallers went up there to help out with the clean-up. I did a small job up there to help a friend out.

Is it the store at Byholme?(sp) I had a friend who took his timber truck out there to assist with the haulage. I visited a similar storage in Jonkoping back in '96.

I can't tell which one it is, but they had a couple of HUGE ones. Something like 20 million m3 of wood.
Magnus would most likely know.

Yup, pretty big! 44 tonne gross, 6 axles, walking floor, 125 m3 capacity. The company that runs them has over 300 on the road...

Attachments

• lakes job 109.jpg
    lakes job 109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I can't imagine a chipper shooting the chips to the front of the truck, or is that where the walking floor comes into play?

A friend of mine has a Morbark 3036 that will fill a 40' box van. I notice that some of those big machines also have auxiliary blowers on the chutes.

Large chippers can fill chip vans (trailers) packed full all day long.

moreskylining009.jpg

moreskylining010.jpg

moreskylining012.jpg

moreskylining015.jpg

moreskylining021.jpg

moreskylining023.jpg

moreskylining024.jpg

moreskylining026.jpg

moreskylining027.jpg

moreskylining029.jpg

moreskylining034.jpg