small cleanup job from yesterday

WoodCutr

Treehouser
not sure if this is the right forum, best I could find for this

1629728852545.png

snapped off about 12ft up, slid down and got caught at about 6ft, cut up top half for fire wood, rest of it was covered in poison ivy so it got thrown out

anyone got any idea what kind of tree this is? the leaves almost look like maple

Hard to make out the tree leaves from the poison ivy. Blowing it up, I could buy silver maple. Looks like some of the leaves are kinda spiky like silvers are. A clearer pic would be better though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if I had a better pic id post it, never got any while working, this is a customers photo

im thinking silver maple as well, the bark just didnt seem like what I thought silver maple to be

im slowly learning tree identification

A silver has long bark strips that kinda peel off longitudinally. I don't think they shed bark like a sycamore, but it's easy to grab pieces and pull them off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A silver has long bark strips that kinda peel off longitudinally. I don't think they shed bark like a sycamore, but it's easy to grab pieces and pull them off.
this is that way I think

Yikes............concrete :O

The one thing you can't always see, when you bid the job.

Haven't had the pleasure of doing a concrete tree yet. The only nails I've hit also were my own doing. Cut the nails off my support mount while milling :^S

Back