In The News...

In all my disagreements with Treesmith, which have been manifold and will likely continue, I have never called him a c unt, which you have called me twice now.
So thanks for the lecture on online civility.

Touche!

2 x's? Keeping track? Has Mick's thick skin been breached?

I guess ol Treesmith can take care of himself. It just seemed a shame that 1 TH stalwart was lobbing insults at another. Carry on.

It's probably a good thing I stay out of the political threads, I probably couldnt stand the heat.

Regarding c unt, we recently had a discussion hereabouts on the merits of the word. Iirc, isn't c unt and bloody c unt fairly common UK usage?

If you read phrases such as f ucking cock knocking c unt, shit got real.

Even though I disagree with Mick on many political topics, I can appreciate his blunt style and demeanor. I would rather somebody tell me up front what they think of me than have them smile to my face and then stab me in the back when I turn away.

I don’t find bluntness a desirable quality in anyone. Diplomacy and courtesy go a long way toward friendly discussion. As to stabbing in the back, I don’t care to have dealings with anyone who’d stab me front or back.

That seems fair, and not asking too much.

Although there have been times with some people when I felt like some blunt language would have been preferable to the mealy-mouthed pseudo-polite crap I was hearing.

Not implying such has been the case here in the 'House...I am thinking of some real life experiences.

It’s healthcare workers and first responders resisting tyranny. Here’s a screenshot of the description on the YouTube page.

96E20EA1-A091-41AE-9345-A5BA4E57C379.jpeg

And to our fellow Houser's across the pond, here's hoping cooler heads prevail after this stupidity initiated by NATO (Not Actual Treaty Org.):

No "this stupidity" was started by Russia in march 2021, when they tossed 3 EU diplomats out for "alledgedly" having partaken in a support demo for Aleksej Navalyj.
EU retaliated and that has been going back and forth since, with throwing each other's diplomats out.
As for the last 8 ones, "alledgedly" they were in reality intelligence officers.

So now you belive in being soft and friendly towards Putin?
That'll work for sure.

No Stig, I'm a Libertarian/non-interventionist who believes we shouln't be provoking an adversary with the means to exterminate their opponents over their failure to bow before the US/NATO's stupidity of thinking that Russia is trying to remake the USSR. All the while this country's Mil/Sec/Ind/Cong/Media octopus thinks it's okay to remake the world in its "grand image".

I don't think "Russia" is trying to remake CCCP. The average Russian couldn't care less.
I belive it is Putin's wet dream, however.
Besides socking money away for himself and building his secret palace, his biggest dream is to remedy " The greatest sociopolitical catastrophe in our century".

The one thing I agreed with Trump on was the stupidity of Nordstream 2, making large parts of Europe dependant on Russian gas, with Putin's hand on the stop handle.

So Stig, if you believe in your "Putin's wet dream" scenario, where's the proof of that? Where has he been aggressive towards any country not currently in his country's interests showing him trying to expand Russia's footprint? All the places the octopus mention he's meddling the last few years were all places they had current involvement in. The wet dream scenario sounds more like a "puddled vision".

Of course they have " Current involvement" in most former CCCP republics.

The Crimea trick scared the Hell out of the Baltic countries, because they all have large russin populations, so they feared they would be next in line.
If it wasn't for NATO, I think they would have been.

As for Nordstream 2, why wouln't that be good for Europe? Cheaper, more reliable gas delivery system from a close neighbor than what the the US or anyone else proposes. Oh right, the long past it's expiration date US/NATO conglomerate doesn't approve, so therefore, f' it.

The dems infrastructure bill is pure evil. a design to dismantle America.

This whole thing was started by obama. He promise was to bring change.

Then Orange Man got in the way.

Not a problem today. dems are back on track.
Obviously 80 million (or was it 150 million...who knows?) voters wanted Obama’s legacy to continue!

Crimea, who voted overwhelmingly to rejoin Russia, and the results verified by the international voting monitors, as well as a long established Russian base there? Still trying to see the trick there.

Add-on:

Also, what other country currently sees a scenario where Russia is trying to absorb them? Sounds almost like the standard neocon playbook scenario to justify demonizing Russia.

Remember what Putin did to Ukraine with the gas?
That is why.

Yup, let us be totally dependent on gas delivered by your potential enemy.
Great idea.

Of course that might keep him from constantly entering our air space with bombers and fighetr planes.

Back