In The News...

I don't think "Russia" is trying to remake CCCP. The average Russian couldn't care less.
I belive it is Putin's wet dream, however.
Besides socking money away for himself and building his secret palace, his biggest dream is to remedy " The greatest sociopolitical catastrophe in our century".

The one thing I agreed with Trump on was the stupidity of Nordstream 2, making large parts of Europe dependant on Russian gas, with Putin's hand on the stop handle.

As far as I can tell....a good deal of Russians wouldn't mind the old Soviet system coming back.

Consumer prices were lower apparently.

At least they have said as much during interviews I have watched.

I'm not Russophobic, Andrey.
I'm a Putinophobe.
Complete different thing.

Cut off the gas to make them toe the line.

He'll do the same to Germany sooner or later........mark my words.

Sooo...threatening to work with the US state Department to take away Russias only warm water port was not reason enough to take the Crimea back?

It was never Ukrainian anyway.

Except by the decree of 54.

Ukraine has never forgiven Russia for the Holodomor, those two countries are never going to get along.

They never held the "deed" though. Did they?

Yes...the Holodomor...was bad.

But the US State dept going in and sponsoring a coup and riots to get rid of a Pro Russian Govt didn't help either.

But then again....people still think the Syrian civil war was about freedom and democracy...

Ukraine has never forgiven Russia for the Holodomor, those two countries are never going to get along.

Stig, I always catch myself thinking that when you start talking about Russia, you start raving. The famine in Ukraine (by the way, it was Ukrainian political scientists who coined this term) was caused by a crop failure. It was a very severe drought that also affected the southern regions of Russia, including Kazakhstan. And as for the Crimea, the ingots remember the Crimean War of 1853-1856, when England, France and Turkey wanted to occupy the Russian Crimea.

Regarding c unt, we recently had a discussion hereabouts on the merits of the word. Iirc, isn't c unt and bloody c unt fairly common UK usage?

If you read phrases such as f ucking cock knocking c unt, shit got real.

Cory, to an Englishman it is an extremely offensive insult. Not to be used in the presence of a lady.

Other English speaking countries it may differ. I once worked with a Kiwi. It is used in all manner of descriptions and can be a funny name or an offensive insult.

I almost knocked him spark out after he called me it one evening after he had had a few beers. He was really shocked at my reaction.

The next day he explained his meaning behind it, apparently it was meant in a good way and not an insult. But when a snotty, full of himself lad gets in my face and called me one, it didn’t go down to well.

By the way, the price of gas in Europe is now above $ 1,000 per 1,000 cubic meters. Where are the American tankers with liquefied gas To Europe? American tankers sailed to China. In China, the price of gas is even higher. As they say, nothing personal, just business.

Interesting analysis on renewable energy scenarios:

From what we understand, the "subsidies" for wind turbines are actually tax credits.

Tax credits are why the fossil fuels are still a thing.

An oil man once scolded me and said that tax credits are not subsidies.

We are never told specifically what these subsidies are.

Govt mandates for "green" energy certainly help too...

Subsidies notwithstanding....I understand that the cost per installed KW for wind is as cheap as it gets.

Back