How'd it go today?

Good long week end camping with friends and family. A few minor issues but they were over come. My generator quit and I’m 95% sure it was my doing. Being the lazy person I am I would fill it all the way to the top instead of stopping at the full mark. Get that extra hour of run timeout of it. After some research tonight I figured out there is a vent cartridge of some sort and it will plug up after overfilling multiple times. Now I just need to figure out if I can “clean” it or have to replace it. Then I blew a camper tire on the way home. Not to bad to swap. Just kinda sucked, but I guess changing a tire on the side of the road always sucks. Got home and unloaded quickly just to leave again to go swimming at my parents and have a cook out. Now I’m just relaxing and trying to find a tiny bit of desire to get up for work in the morning.

Nice wrench. Is the midline bolt necessary? Removing that, and/or using copper pipe as a spacer instead of nuts would shave some weight.

John, you are always welcome to travel up here to the armpit of America and join me at the party I do the display for. About 20 mins total, with the last 3rd being the finale. It was the best finale I've done so far in 10 yrs. of doing them. Awaiting one of the videos some of the spectators took to post.

One issue I've had when trying to climb in the past is finding a rope and friction knot that will grab reliably. I was able to figure it out today: the blake's hitch works well, but the klemheist was the only other to work reliably. I think I got the hinge wrench figured out with a stiff tether. Then I tried a 3:1 to see if it is practical to climb on, but it seemed to mess up the performance of the wrench and klemheist, though I think I forgot a wrap when I retied it on the 3:1. At least I can easily pull myself up with my bad arm. Now I just need a higher TIP than 10ft to test the 3:1 on better. It was working better with an extra wrap in the klemheist and no wrench, but descending was jerky.

Are you using moving rope or stationary? A wrench doesn't do much for a moving rope.

Normal day. Nothing interesting. One of the uses of my paracord prusik I keep in my beltloops...

IMG_20220705_112217074_HDR.jpg

Found this on the drive home...

IMG_20220705_150504113.jpg

Dunno what I'm gonna do with it. Maybe I'll wait for a charger to showup in the consignment shop. It works, but I don't have anything to charge it with.

You found that?! Sweet!

You might look to see if amazon carries a charger converter attachment for one that you may have at home?
Yea, maybe. It isn't a tool I really use a lot of, and I found that old school Dewalt 18V(?) set in the trash a couple years ago. I usually just use a screwdriver when I need to drive screws. I don't do much production work where it would really be useful.

I was freaking out a few weeks ago because my 2020 tax return was pulled for a closer look. They wanted to verify my identity and make sure I was the one who filed it. This was the year I lost my business so I had a huge negative income for the year. I made my appointment at the local IRS office about 2 weeks ago and everything went fine. The agent said it would be sent for processing since my identity was confirmed. I owed nothing for the year other than a few hundred in self employment tax since I had a negative income. Today I got a $5200 refund check from the IRS. I guess I made estimated payments and forgot about it, didn't record it. I'm almost afraid to post this since it will most likely come back to bite me in the ass. I will use it to pay off one of my 6 credit card balances.

Yea, maybe. It isn't a tool I really use a lot of, and I found that old school Dewalt 18V(?) set in the trash a couple years ago. I usually just use a screwdriver when I need to drive screws. I don't do much production work where it would really be useful.

I probably use my impact driver more than any other tool I have. They are a great improvement over powered drill/screwdrivers

How is it superior to powered drill/screwdriver?
It's an impact wrench, so it works by a hammering torque rather than a smooth twisting. Those little ones are around 100 foot pounds of torque for a rough idea of their utility. Works great for mechanic work too. When installing screws they magically shoot in, no twisting of your wrist even when doing long framing screws. Only way to go, i wouldn't even consider shooting screws in with a drill anymore, except for specialty stuff like a drywall gun.

@Nutball Foot ascender!!!
I have one, but haven't tried it yet. I was testing my new hand ascender, which I kinda don't need on a 3:1. So, the wrench alone will almost hold me on the 3:1, so I decided to try without, and just the klemheist worked pretty well. I went up and down a few times, only 10 or so feet off the ground, and I'm liking the 3:1 with no wrench.

Back