How'd it go today?

You always have too much going on! :^D You should take some fun time for yourself. I get that a lot of what you do is rewarding, but time without obligations or deadlines would be a nice break.

Attachments

• 40831025-F74F-4B1A-B12A-2E062A3854AF.jpeg
    40831025-F74F-4B1A-B12A-2E062A3854AF.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 3
  • CF940402-C71F-4B3E-BCF9-0F19E3DA81DE.jpeg
    CF940402-C71F-4B3E-BCF9-0F19E3DA81DE.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Going somewhere or is it a staycation?

A lot of time close to home. We have a lot of appointment for different things to be discussed elsewhere.

We have lots of good things here at home.

Tomorrow is a viola lesson then the climbing gym. Probably outdoor projector movie/ big screen and pizza night with friends-neighbors.

Canoeing. Maybe outdoor / real rock climbing. Gardening. Tree climbing.

Getting kinda tired of walking from one end of this plant to the other, and back again. A little bit ago, this wasp started buzzing around my head and getting on my nerves, then in got itself stuck in a spiderweb, and the spider woke up and started poking it. Highlight of my day. Good spider. I named him George. I’ve grown to rather like spiders lately, and regret how many I used to kill.

Three more hours and I’m done until Wednesday night. Gonna host a little shindig on Monday, a bunch of Chivetta’s chicken and probably set a rope in the big backyard silver maple and let the kiddos climb a bit. They really dig it once they understand that they’re pretty safe doing just ascent and descent. I might set a second line to prevent an accidental pendulum swing if any of them want to try limb walking a bit. That 2nd line might be a nice intro to an SRT system.

Good day at work today. top dressing is all done for the big weekend.

Ran across a family reaching out for help with food. Had it all set up to meet them at the store & let them shop & I'd pay. They didn't show up after I waited for an hour and didn't respond to my queries. Oh well...picked up a few things for myself while i was there; my cartload cost me about 1/2 what I figured it would :dontknow: :)

Good day at work today. top dressing is all done for the big weekend.

Ran across a family reaching out for help with food. Had it all set up to meet them at the store & let them shop & I'd pay. They didn't show up after I waited for an hour and didn't respond to my queries. Oh well...picked up a few things for myself while i was there; my cartload cost me about 1/2 what I figured it would :dontknow: :)

Good on you. But you know folks with a hand out generally don't understand time.

I was cool with the time thing, but they didn't reply back to my message....still haven't after 3 hrs. Guessing they got things sorted out.

Very generous, and a cool thing to do, but I find it highly disrespectful that they didn't get in touch with you to let you know what was going on. That's theft of time. They left you with an unresolved task, so you have something hanging over your head, and may make you reluctant to start a project, cause you could be pulled away to fulfill your agreement.

In a big plant, I'm surprised they don't have scooters or something to save time/energy

That's sometimes the difference between the haves and the have nots.... I'm squarely in the have not group usually :lol: It's usually safer to have pedestrians rather than carts/ vehicles, so some places have far more walking than driving. I've resorted to a folding Milwaukee brand dolly to use bringing in tools/ lunchbox so it's rolling rather than me carrying it. Makes it so much nicer when on concrete, but makes turnstiles so much worse :lol: It's still the better alternative, I'll do a couple seconds of shuffle so i don't have to carry it the whole way. I've often thought of a folding scooter, but they aren't allowed in many plants that i work in.

Back