How'd it go today?

I wasn't aware you got it, as I'm sure you know they don't joke about that at all. Good deal man, it wasn't directed as a negative thing, but rather as a looking out for you. 1400 foot ranch house is yours boss.

We had to cut some trees and invasive schrubs on an island in a lake today.
Used a row boat to get out there.
For the first time since about forever we had a fine, clear day.
So going out there was a joy.
Thin layer of ice on the water, sunrise and no wind. Pretty....pretty!

Going out after lunch I slipped on the bank with one foot still on the boat. Boat went back out and I went completely under.
That made for a cold trip back to the truck and some dry clothes.
Fortunately I always have a bag with a set of dry clothes in the truck.

My partner was, of course, laughing like a loon.

Always having dry clothes in the truck is a leftover from the years I spent working in rivers and waterways.
Taking the occasional dip was a given then, but that was in summer.

Spare clothes for the win!

Cutting fallen trees on the fireline at night last week got pretty warm under all the turnout gear...bit chilly at night so a dry t shirt was lovely

Jim: Yer insane, man. Yer work is nuts. Well done man.

Stig: :lol:... Dangit! Dang it all ta heck.:lol:

Corey: "Gangsta move" lol

Last edited:
My loader is close to together.
1/4" angle-iron reinforcement for the engine mounts.

Learning some new things about repairs from shop time with my neighbor.

Got 48" rails and a winch for my Alaskan mill. I've got some large cedar to mill. Was out of mill capacity before.

Need the loader to move logs and slabs, and gravel for leveling a drying area.

Buggered it up today, dropped a branch which sprang up and rolled onto a phone line, broke a pole that was holding it and ripped the wires out of the junction box thing.

I have fixed up many phone lines but no weaseling out of this one, insurance claim, first in 14 years here.

no weaseling out of this one,

:lol:

Good on ya for not getting crazy about it. 6 or 12 or 18 months from now you won't remember what it cost you and even if you do, it won't show in your year end bottom line.

That's how I feel lately about losing jobs. I haven't lost one in awhile but if I do, it really doesn't matter, I'll be working on a different job instead of the one I lost and it won't show at year end. Ive got an 11k job hanging on by a thread due to extreme lateness. I'd like to do it but whether its that one or a different one, I'll be cutting trees so, meh.

Back