How'd it go today?

Good luck to him, Mellow! I hear the food is great!

At the plant, we get 1 pair of boots per year from Grainger, they send a truck with different boots to the plant.
Picked out a new pair of Georgia loggers that’ll probably never see the plant. Didn’t have my size but they’re in the mail.

I ate great in the Army too, breakfast was the best though. Even most MREs were pretty good. Field chow sucked sometimes. Can only eat so much chili-mac before it gets really lame.

Well SHIT!

Remember I told ya'll I got my truck's AC fixed for hardly nothing? Well, I knew my luck couldn't be that good. I haven't mentioned it, but the next day the AC was blowing warm air... long story short 900 bucks later I have cold air blowing.

At least I'm not (supposedly!) being billed for re-charging the freon again.

CRAP.

I love MREs. I always have a case around for when I don't feel like making lunch for work. Can't eat them too often though. They'll make you fat :^D

Referencing my prussik thread...

I took down the willow limb today, but didn't try anything new. I wasn't sure I felt like doing it, but the weather's as good as it's getting for awhile, so I gave it a shot. I figured I'd set the throwline, and see how I felt about it. I felt really irritated after trying to get it through the rats nest of dead vines, and then pulling my climb line up through them. Got that far, so might as well go the rest of the way, and I just wanted to get it done. Used my split tail with the traditional prussik, and ran the line directly in the crotch. My tie in was only a few feet above where I was cutting, so I could inspect where the rope was running. Looked fine. Aside from the hassle of dealing with the vines, it all went pretty well.

I do want to try the tautline on my tail some time, if for no other reason, than freeing some room on the front of my saddle. Thanks all for the advice in the mentioned thread :^)

Runs great, really soft catch.

Boot's are the Drayer Tango II's from Wesspur. They're kind of like approach shoes, but they've held up really well, and are good on hooks. Had them a couple years now.

Tautline with a stopper knot!
Blake's hitch, too, IIRC.

Yeppers....

Climbed on a TL for about 18-20 years.

Blakes for about one or two.

Vt for 24.

Add em up and, by my count, that's too many......

Feeling old I wuz yesterday. Had a 32" purple plum with a (many) years old defect to remove. But it was 120 feet down a steep slope. Used the chipper winch, redirected through a block on Lance's p/u trailer hitch. Challenging and labor intensive. Even 27 yr old Lance was bushed. And I blew the bid. But repeat customer is extremely well off (~$5m view property just south of The Highlands), so I'm sure he'll pay us extra. Plus, the lead which had grown laterally after the old failure extended out over a fancy deck with railing and built in deck level trampoline. I'd broken my orchard ladder when dumping chips the night before, so Lance had to pole saw the limb back. Several cuts up to 6". Pinched saw a few times. Then, I installed a tag line for side pull and a rig line over the only limb above, which was dead. I suspected it would fail . It did. But I had made the cut properly, so it swung sideways with Lance on the tag line and held the hinge long enough to clear the deck by three feet.

I went live on FB which you can view, but the reception was poor so it breaks up badly.

Did a quote.on some pruning today. Off to the side the lady notices berries in her fence line. She says rasberries. I tell her it's red mulberry. They are edible. She takes a berry and pops it in her mouth. I freak out and scream oh no I'm wrong those are poison!! Well she spits.it out and then realizes I was joking. Don't know if I 'll get the job....

Is not writing stuff down supposed to be the mark of a good waiter or waitress? Do restaurant owners demand that of their employees? Seems more common. Also orders getting screwed up is much more common. I’m not really impressed with anyone’s memory and I’d say it’s the mark of a highly organized individual if they were to write stuff down or take notes lol.

I’m being a grouch. Had to say goodbye to my niece so she can be ready to start school in North California on August 8th. Pretty lame. Looking forward to seeing her again at Christmas.

Back