How'd it go today?

Some more photos.

Evan doubted we'd finish and started to give up, But I Rallied the troops
with my awesome powers of comraderie and pride.

I got alittle bonus for my efforts.
Now I got some cash for my new personal saddle.

I love my Butterfly 2 at the Presidio so much I'm going to replace my
Weaver sliding D for one at home.

Wheeeee.

Cool job Deva. I hate it when people build houses too close to nice trees like that. Looks like another Mill Valley Job. Funny how much tree work and money seem to come out of that valley.

I was in the trees all day today. I haven't climbed much these last two weeks. Trimming three large cottonwoods kicked my arse. Not climbing is so detrimental to my well being. I got down out of the last tree about a half hour after sunset, drove home and started posting my usual drivel here. I still haven't showered or changed out of my work clothes. Too tired.

That's probably not a bad idea. I am not sure our place is big enough for anything else. We had Haley pick out which of her old toys to donate so she would have room for her Christmas booty. To not be a hypocrite I'd have to get rid of something to make space. My lazyboy recliner? Hmm? Lazyboy or treadmill? I have to think about that.

Oh,today was great.I spent time with my three favorite ladies,my wife,my daughter and my oldest grand daughter.A fine time was had,too bad Christmas only comes one time a year.:D

I will wait until tuesday then I see my youngest grand daughter,almost two,and talking now,to post the pictures.

Well,shucks,I spoiled my kids,why not not my grand kids,which are,by the way grand.[proud old grand pappy speaking here]:D

Fell asleep during the Arbormaster rigging video at the safety meeting.

And we wrecked a cypress that I thought was fine but.....the higher ups
thought differently.

Here's a picture of the stump cut.

And a link of a video I took of the top half of the tree, short and sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY4AnkHrG5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC5yp1yWjME

Hey that first top was sweet!! I haven't had the joy of topping a large tree really high up yet. I can't wait.

Pictures of today's removal, Alex and I in 6 hours.

The red bag is covering a water spigot, never even touched it.
All chunked with a 24" 372, I hate chipping brush with a saw in my pickup.
I WILL be financing a chipper before March 1st or bust trying.

At least all the wood stayed where it lay.

:)

Thanks.

The tree was topped and had already lost a few branches.

Massive wood decay at branch attachments, and well Fir just pops loose.

Kids went back to school yesterday. Mike went back to work (off since before Christmas.)

I'm back on the tractor again. I've been 'nesting' for the last two weeks.....kinda liked it....wouldn't want a steady diet of it though.

Back