How'd it go today?

Al

Is it possible to mount the box at the rear of the truck, then use the space in between the cab and box to make tool boxes or a crib to store wood so he does not have to mix the load.

A guy I know stores his stump grinder between the box and cab.

Works well.

or Maybe a little club house for Tea and Cards at lunch.

He thought about putting a "man cab" on it.The problem with that long of a frame is the fact too much of the load would be passed the rear of the axle .That danged truck has three carrier bearings for the drive shaft.Even by cutting the frame directly behind the axle there would be nearly 6 feet of space between the box and the cab.I've cut frames and moved axles but believe me ,it's simpler to find a shorter framed truck.He's only got $600 in that thing,the tranny is worth that.

An interesting little history of that thing.It originally belonged to Wilson sporting goods of Ada Ohio.They are the sole makers of footballs for the NFL.That truck was a football hauler,how'bout that.:lol:

An interesting little history of that thing.It originally belonged to Wilson sporting goods of Ada Ohio.They are the sole makers of footballs for the NFL.That truck was a football hauler,how'bout that.:lol:

Then at least you know the truck wasn't dogged with alot of weight. Its a different story though if they hauled them with the air in.

I took my boy to the indoor skate park today, and it was so cool to watch a bunch o' boys being hotdogs on their boards & bikes ! Made me feel young(ish) !!!
And that was my Sunday. Thanks for tuning in.
Wild truck thingy-story there, Al.
Personally, I like Paulie's idea of making it a little clubhouse / tea room ! HAR !!!

It got to be above zero here today so I changed the water in out hot tub. The hose sprang a leak so now I am drying out the carpets in our house.

So I climbed an old pine in the Presidio Pet Cemetary.

Spooky stuff.

Came out of the tree and my friction saver refused to come out.
Climbed right back up to loosen it. What a let down.

But hey, I had fun, better than chipping brush.

Not quite as cool as Butch's cemetary pictures but similiar.
We cleared the GG bridge so they can start painting it again.

:)

Were you standing in one place for hours on end Gas?
You could barely scratch your nose without the MasterChief putting his boot up your ass? lol

Depends... if we were manning the rails, we were standin' around for long periods of time... If we were just comin' in and out of port for training missions, we were pretty much still workin' on the deck.

Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Used to go under that bridge all the time... on a nuclear powered aircraft carrier out of Alameda.

Gary

Nineteen times, myself! And manning the rails SUCKS!!! I would always sell that duty to someone.

Do they still let you sell your watchs, Greg?

MB was you allowed to grow a beard? Gary why dacha stop climbing trees?
Lissen I stopped at my 4 year mark the trees were just so huge, I trudged along and still at it. I was climbing in No-bivy and darkstars forest, where all trees are huge!

Took so firewood to a 11yr vet ret Seal. Dude had over 50 zippos, we drank coffee and talked half the day.

Back