How'd it go today?

PTO started to go on the Lift today. 47 trees done though. Gonna have to climb tomorrow.
From the cold or what, RB1 ? Better check things out... bummer to have to wait out repair. By your past postings, you know exactly what day it is on most / all equipment, so I have to guess it's equipment fatigue ? Is there such a thing ??? Y'all work it like no other...

From the cold or what, RB1 ? Better check things out... bummer to have to wait out repair. By your past postings, you know exactly what day it is on most / all equipment, so I have to guess it's equipment fatigue ? Is there such a thing ??? Y'all work it like no other...

Probe spines starting to go, hard to say but it is making a nasty noise. l will pull it off and have a look at it when we get back from the road trip.

Hope it lasts that long !
So cool you have WIFI... Schweet !!! Nice li'l (unexpected) perk, ey ?
You catchin' any games up there ? >>> The Lions (aka 'Loins') lost to Minny t'day, sad-sack mo' fo's 20 to 30. Christ. I haven't kept up with the Wings schedule... but you Canucks wouldn't know 'bout hockey, anyhow's.
Shite, you gotta post more details about what the hell you're doing 500 miles from home ?
What is it your company does, any-who ? I know you're an all-world-'round kinda guy, but shite >>> you're a family man, too. What is it these folks (your employers) offer you that's so worth it ?!? It truly makes me wonder that self-employment is a load of crap ?

l don't go out of town too often, only a couple times per year.... and max 10 days at a time . The wyfy has been cool, I have been sending pics home to my wife and kids.

;)
Hey, you sending her any 'sexy' ones ??? You know we wanna be "In-The-Know" on these things, ey ? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

110' tall dead white pine. Speed line brush, drop trunk, good view. 60 degress is down right balmy after 12.

The speedline
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFDlBP4UYag"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFDlBP4UYag" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

PTO started to go on the Lift today. 47 trees done though. Gonna have to climb tomorrow.

just curious, how are you trimming these tree's?

when we do street tree's we raise up for street and sidewalk clearance. dead wood/danger limbs to 1" cut out and remaining dead sticks knocked out with pole saw.

our best days in the cold we do about 25 to 30 tree's. w/ bucket and chip truck/chipper 2 groundmen and 1 guy in bucket.

how do you get so many done?

Well done nobivy! Huge pine! Whatdaya did with the top speedline it to?

I used this Kick Ass crane/winch set up on The High Voltage Crew's Bucket truck today.

This thing was incredible, I was my own crane operator.

Check Out all the switches and Jazz, Mind you this is the second bucket I've ever been in.

The other is a 1990 Hi ranger, big green dinosaur.

It said it was rated at 500 lbs but I think I went over.
I'd rig everything with a block and portie then put the winch on it and pull it
over to the chipper, for easy chipping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool, but I agree. You went over.

But still a sweet rig. I've never flown one before.

Cool, but I agree. You went over.

But still a sweet rig. I've never flown one before.

I never shock loaded the bucket, lowered, held tight, then transferred load
over to the chipper.

But still fun and easy as can be, The guys were telling me to just tie the winch
to the pieces and cut it.

Yeah Right.

On mine, the winch is slow enough that I try to fly the pieces as far as possible using the boom controls. Then I sit there and run the winch out to lower the piece the last few feet. On mine you can run the bucket or the winch, it won't run both at the same time. The working load limit on the 7/16" polyester rope is pretty much my weight limiting factor.

Good on you for being smart enough not to shock load the boom. That is pretty much why tree guys shouldn't have winches on the bucket trucks, employees will find a way to destroy them.

just curious, how are you trimming these tree's?

when we do street tree's we raise up for street and sidewalk clearance. dead wood/danger limbs to 1" cut out and remaining dead sticks knocked out with pole saw.

our best days in the cold we do about 25 to 30 tree's. w/ bucket and chip truck/chipper 2 groundmen and 1 guy in bucket.

how do you get so many done?

It's all about the polesaw! :D

Here it be. Didn't feel good about sending this down the speed line, too dead. Besides I sent it sailing at least 50' down the hillside where is crumbled into tiny little pieces. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHqlxh_UQUk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHqlxh_UQUk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And the view, after the top was gone I felt better about enjoying it!:lol:

Nice View No Bivy.

I bidded two jobs for View enhancements = Topping, today.

I bid high in order to assauge my morals, or lack of....

1 Fella wants four Redwoods topped.

Other Fella wants retopping (redwoods) and two removals.

I'm probably a shoe in since they're both word of mouth referals.

The view enhancement is like Gold/Platinum here,
Homeowners could give a heck about tree health, they think a
couple thousand invested will reap 20K of equity later.

Here's a few pictures, and one of a tiny 2 point I saw in the woods.

Absolutions and Confessions come to mind........

I worked on some odds and ends around the house and now I am doing some electrical repairs to my computer

dscf0368ve8.jpg

Tried to set a brush pile on fire,no luck,too wet.Moved a few hickory logs out of the woods with the skid loader.Stacked them on one of the piles and sealed the ends with Anchor seal .I gotta get that mill done,dang.

Al, you obviously did not use enough liquid propellant. There's no such thing as a brush pile too wet to burn unless it's underwater. ;)

I'll just wait until about mid Jan. when the stuff is freeze dried .It'll go then,I imagine.Geez it was it the high 50's today.Cold for Florida but real warm for Ohio,this time of the year.I'm afraid when old man winter hits it will be 20 below with snow azz deep.:whine:

Back