How'd it go today?

Cut some more dead elm for stove wood. As I was taking in the view, I got attacked. Red was beating me with a stick.:lol: It was a nice weekend 40-50 Deg F. a couple sprinkles.

Nice job Al, When you going to get that mill going?

Nice job Al, When you going to get that mill going?
Oh I 've got to get that rascal tree trimmer I seem to have adopted to move a danged 12 foot chip box out of my shop.The big orange thing is in the bay that I have the overhead cranes in and I need the lifts to finish the mill.

If I wasn't such a benevolant sort I would plunk that thing in his front yard.:what: Good heavens that thing must weigh about 2 tons,it's heavy.

I woke up this morning and had a beer. Been going ever since. Because its fun.

Beer.................I remember Beer. Wine too. Ahh........the good old pre-preggo days.

The house we've been renovating is having its first open house today. We were stupid and decided to reno it in 5 weeks. We are sooo tired!

Other then that, head gasket blew on the work truck the other day. Always nice when there is a bonanza of work and you have no way to do it. Well, we're going new truck shopping tomorrow. We've been planning it but were hoping to put it off until the Spring. Those payments are going to SUCK thru the rest of this winter.

Natalie

You're sig is a riot TreeGuy'sWife.
We went for an ultra sound on Thursday. Doctor said 90% chance its a girl, but the baby wasn't really letting us get a good view. That and Erin is only about 14 weeks along, still very early. There will be another ultra sound in the 3rd tri-mester,. The reason we had an ultra sound so early in the pregnancy is our concerns that I may have been exposed to depleted uranium. Good news though, everything looks good. What a relief.

Good news Johnny.

I have my ultrasound on Friday, Dec. 22. We're hoping to find out what it is.

It will = your kid. Do you have a name picked out yet, cool if it's a secret I understand.

LOL

We have a boys name chosen - Roman John-Michael (middle names are our dads). We haven't been able to decide on a girls name yet, I think because we are both so sure it's a boy. Hopefully we'll be able to see at the U/S. I like Ava and the Tree Guy likes Zoey. We'll have to see...........

LOL

We have a boys name chosen - Roman John-Michael (middle names are our dads). We haven't been able to decide on a girls name yet, I think because we are both so sure it's a boy. Hopefully we'll be able to see at the U/S. I like Ava and the Tree Guy likes Zoey. We'll have to see...........
You haven't been able to come up with girl's names because I've pulled out all the stops with the BABY GODS... You're having a BOY !!! LMAO

well, tomorrow is my last day at the nursery flogging trees. back to my regular gig for the rest of the week then off for a bit around the Christmas dayz... lots of little prunings lined up for after new years. :)

we hang them up, (slippery half hitch), pull them down, cut them fresh on the trunk, stuff the throught the barrel and encase them in the funky stretchy mesh netting then send them on their way! what fun...

Colder than Wiccan mammaries today. I had planned on a short day out of town shearing 3 big junipers for a once a year regular. Fortunately(?) the neighbor across the street who I have also worked for several times decided to get the Globe Willow in back out. Not a big tree but with fence, house, picture windows, elec service drop, air conditioner, cable, supply lines, pvc arbor, shrubbery and concrete patio the drop zone was a nightmare. I got it topped out but ran out of daylight with about 20 feet of central spar and a few side limbs still standing.

Trimmed fruit bearing trees to be more acessable to the homeowner.
Got the client on a 5 year schedule and customer wants to pay a little every month and not the lump sum of the tree work upon completion.
Turning into more acounting than I wanna mess with.

The reason we had an ultra sound so early in the pregnancy is our concerns that I may have been exposed to depleted uranium. Good news though, everything looks good. What a relief.

Went through the same thing with my 2 kids Jon. I was in the first Gulf War, and the docs wanted to make sure everything was okay.

Gary

I did a whole buncha nuthin', as if you couldn't tell by my (100+) posts.
Justdammitman.
It's looking like Dollar Store Cashier for the Treechick for winter.
Things could be worse. Don't know HOW, but they could be worse. LOL

Chains! Chains!and more Chains!
I have had 3 companies bring in their chains to be sharpened,freakn 63 of them!:O Guess what I'am doing today:what: CHAINS!:what: :lol:
See Ya
Mike8)

So today I helped out Evan, my old boss.

He's such a character.
I ran the ground and the 4 Latins, as I speak spanish fluently and Evan
has no patience for Latins.
Evan Climbed and I ran my arse off on the ground.

Here's some pictures.
We got every piece of Wood and brush in his truck in one load.
We brushed out the tree and drove it to the chipper parked on the side
of the road, (no access for chipper).

After we dumped the brush at 1 pm, we bucked up wood and loaded the wood.
All wood chunks were hand carried up these wet slippery ass stairs.
The tree was on this horrendous sidehill, very steep.

Anyhoo.

Job was done at 4:10 pm. Started at 8:00 am sharp.

I'm tired, and now I'm going to a Tree Climber Christmas party.
Lot's of Jungle Juice will be there.

Back