How'd it go today?

Odd weather for Jan.,50 ish with a drizzle of rain.

I finished the control box for a rotary phase converter for a buddy of mine in Michigan.I need to find a 10 HP motor now,cheap.

It's kind of a neat way to make three phase power from single phase .

Off to look at storm damage work. The phone started ringing early this morning. We have another storm front coming in tonight. Only frustrating thing is that we don't get our new (well, new to us) work truck until Tuesday probably. It'll be great though - a 1999 Ford F450 diesel with dump and tool boxes. I'll post a picture of it when we get it. The company we're getting it from (1-800-GOT-JUNK) also insists on it being repainted before being sold so we get to choose our colour scheme and get it freshly painted.

Odd weather for Jan.,50 ish with a drizzle of rain.

I finished the control box for a rotary phase converter for a buddy of mine in Michigan.I need to find a 10 HP motor now,cheap.

It's kind of a neat way to make three phase power from single phase .

Phase converters......sweet! :)

Lets those that want big, powerful tools, run them cheaper than new service runs, panels, etc.

Oh Al, one in Ohio for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-NEW-DAYTON-3N...ryZ67008QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

If a 3600 RPM motor is too fast, here is one in Akron, a 1465.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTOR-10HP-7-5H...ryZ67008QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I found one but thanks for the heads up .There is kind of a network,so to speak,of us mechanical eccentric types.It was a freebie.:)

I'm going my shop in a short while to finally get that damned chip box mounted on Tom s truck.I'll post some pictures later in the equipment portion of the forum.

We just woke up to a competing tree service doing a removal 2 house down. He does half decent work but the owner himself is a real arrogant jerk. Tree Guy is muttering about getting woken up (he's sick with a cold). I had to say to him that now he knows how people feel when he shows up on jobs! :)

Nat, you could always call the city and check for their removal permit. :) or check in to the local noise bylaws.

Derek, yes, just the one load, and I had the mornings fruit tree trimmings under as well. just gotta chop everything up a bit and line it up in the bed, I can fit quite a bit in there when pressed.

Thanks for the kudos folks, makes me want to reach for the top!
I will meet you there Derek! :)

Nat, you could always call the city and check for their removal permit. :) or check in to the local noise bylaws.

:lol: You're funny Paul. It's tempting, isn't it. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the day) there are no removal permits in our municipality. This tree was partially uprooted too so needed to come down. We're just being grumpy.

well home now from an overnighter to the inlaws. working on the pops in law computer and visitng. drove home today and gave LJ a call, told him I would try to get some windshield shots for him of the lovely sea to sky Hwy. so here ya go!

Paul the one shot looks like it was taken while actually behind the wheel? Be careful on that there deadly highway. I miss that neck of the woods we used to summer in the Whistler/Pemberton area, beautiful country.

Squish. I took em all whilest driving. Just held the camera up, pressed the prefocus, then clicked. wasnt looking at the camera while shooting hence the crummy angles. I was watchin the road, promise.

ps. See Carl? I told ya that road is known as a dangerous one. I used to call it the 'sea to die highway" but felt it was bad juju and hence discontinued.

pss. and FWIW you can see I had at least 4 or 5 lengths between me and the vehicle in front. :)

Tsk Tsk Pauly. :D

That is a gorgeous drive, especially in the summer when you can see for miles.

Got that danged chip box out of my shop but the truck it was to set on is not going to work out.Lawdy that thing must have a 20 foot frame,geesh.

Helped Tom change a set of knifes on his chipper,called it a day.

move the rearend forward?

your shop looks like you collect almost as good as me:lol:

move the rearend forward?

your shop looks like you collect almost as good as me:lol:
Well,that would be a last resort but possible.He bought that truck for parts but it only has 56,000 miles on it,runs like a top.He has another one that will work out better ,it needs an Eaton power steering pump.

He may put a 16 foot flat bed dump on that one.That truck would make a fairly decent log hauler .With old Tom,you just never know.

Yep,I'm up to my hip pockets in junk,I gotta clean that mess up some day.

Back