How'd it go today?

When I was in the army and going to postings and taskings I always had them take off more taxes, you never did know how much you can make, various danger pays, field allowances and other training or operational pays.

I prefer that they owe me rather than the other way around. I also have a side business to claim. I would probably get a healthier return without it. The amount I pay out during the year assures I don’t pay the man. Things could change though.

I prefer that they owe me rather than the other way around. .

Most financial advisors would council the opposite. Better to have possession, control, and use of your money longer than shorter.

Talking about how much you want withheld, I think. Which ties into your return

Ideally, you neither owe nor get a return. Running a business will obviously be different than working for someone, but the idea is the same. For example, in construction, you will likely be taxed heavily when you are working, so if you are on unemployment, you don't have taxes taken out. This gives you more money when you need it most, and you likely will equal out when you consider your taxes are taken out as if you were working the whole year. When you click over to the higher tax brackets as the year goes on (and your gross increases), the slight difference will pretty much take care of the unemployment income, and so 95 percent of the time, you break even. Even if not, outs only a couple hundred bucks ime.

I have them withhold alot so I always get a return. I almost double my base pay with OT, and yes it puts me in a higher tax bracket. No more earned income credit, that was always a nice boost at tax time, seeing as baby mama ain't a worker so I always claim the kiddos.
Oat
I'm not sure about the law regarding forced OT. May vary state to state, but I know my union agreed to it and signed a contract.

I like referring to it as forced labor in the presence of management. Sounds like something out of North Korea and the bosses almost dwell on the thought for a moment.

Just bugs me that it takes at least 4 months to train someone on this job and we don't even have trainees. So forced labor will carry on for the foreseeable future.

I got nothing to bitch about though. Alot of folks got a worse gig and I can always quit if it's unbearable.

Good luck to all youse working stiffs!

I mostly just sit on my ass these days....do a little maintenance work here and there.

The cost for me to leave the house starts at 1000 dollars a day. So I stay inside.

Well, there is motorcycling to do and I have some hobbies. Got a leather carving kit for Christmas.

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/activities/2060816877/embed/c57f35381f0abbdb8b41f90c8387920382e44e9a'></iframe>

took a lashing .......but it was worth it.....needed the exercise

I dont capiche strava. Are you saying you ran a marathon on trails?

gonna be move slow in morning.......more climbing then I remembered.....lol. how quick we forget the suffrage

Back