How'd it go today?

Picked up an oldie but a goodie a few days ago for cheap. Should make for a decent ground saw and something for my son to get more comfortable with.
I think I got an idea to make it run better. :\:

20190106_112112.jpg

Seeing that reminded me of something. I was cutting firewood today and for the first time I did it without the air box cover on. Wanted to try it out after seeing a video where the guy recommended it. My 660 ran much better this way.

Might be the first time that filter has ever been cleaned in it's 30 something years.

That's pretty interesting, Rich. Maybe pick up a Chinese filter cover to experiment and cut up a little.

Strava...I heard a blog that mentioned it today. Blog was about renegade mtn. biking trails...seems like Strava is a way mtn. bikers shared info on where the trails are. There are LOTS of "outlaw" trails....they are looking on ways to make them more accessible. They tried shutting them down but that didn't work.

Well as Jim would say. Frog snacks! My old Ford truck let me down today. Clutch to the floor, master was low. That was about all I had time to diagnose before I hopped in the car and headed off for my 12hr shift. Now I get up in five hours to start first aid and maybe tomorrow evening I'll have a chance to get it in the shop and see what's what. If it's the slave cylinder that sucks, because it's internal. Hopefully it's simpler than pulling the tranny out. :whine: if it isn't atleast I've done it a couple/few times before already so it shouldn't be to hard. Hate the crossmember on the obs fords though and balancing the zf by myself is always a good time.

Made by Zee Germans!

Lynley's birthday was yesterday. 10 years old.

Wife and her went to an arena over east 100 miles to look at some rescue horses and to ride some.

It was a great day.

Wife brought home a 6 year old rescue mare. A good thing. Lynley needed someone to ride with.

I have not seen it yet, but wife says it should be good. Energetic, young.....hopefully not too mareish.

Couple white socks in back....but you get what you get with a rescue.

I am gonna saw the horn off Lynley's saddle. Either that or make her ride an English saddle.

Had a good day of slaying pin oaks around an apartment complex. Landlord is sick of the mess and constant upkeep. Quite a few upset tenants complained but left us alone. Guys have been instructed to tell them that several options were given and the landlord chose to remove everything. We are just hired to do the job. Replanting is being priced. Did a quick emergency job for the township as well. I’m going in tomorrow to do chipper blades and help the mechanic put the finishing touches on fixing my tool box. Depending on how it turns out and how things progress I might have a new piece of steel bent up to match factory and just replace it. Also we’re going to look at a low hour tracked chipper. I don’t have any other information on it yet except it’s a big one that fills semi trailers. Supposed to get an email with all the info tonight sometime. Also meeting with another company to get some questions answered about a 83HD CMC spider lift. This is to help me decide what purchase to make. We’re either getting a spider lift or a brand new elevator this year. As much as I want to be in a brand new truck, I think the spider is going to benefit the company more. There has been a lot of changes in the company and a lot for me to think about. Nothing is in writing yet but I could be getting a new pickup while someone else will be getting the new equipment.

We have had that CMC 83HD for two years now. If you have any questions about it I am happy to help. The big takeaway is that if you have a lot of the right work for it, you will no longer want to work without it. There are downsides, but I do believe the upsides outweigh them.

Now the mail order bride wants to do the whole Bergen to Kirkenes journey again, but in mid summer, in order to enjoy the midnight sun.

I'm game for that, it is not my preferred way of travelling, but the leukemia has pretty much put a stop to motorcycle trips around the world.

....hopefully not too mareish.

Couple white socks in back....but you get what you get with a rescue.

What is mareish. And what da problem with white socks. Please, say it aint snobbery on FFZ

the leukemia has pretty much put a stop to motorcycle trips around the world.

Why is that, the disease saps too much of the energy required or something else?

I like the pic of Stig taking on more knowledge8)

Recent windstorm.

Took a tree out of a roof today.

Dumped a tall, broken and cocked over to 50 degrees at 8'+, dead fir leaning into a very tall maple. A "Bear-trap".
The neighbor just cleared the lot of old forest. Lots of tall, spindly trees.
Going to dump two dead and broken-topped, dying fir at the same place tomorrow.

Then clear out a maple in the driveway of a customer. It broke off at 20'. The tree had been salted by the water-filtration system flushing out and didn't leaf out one year, or something. I'm guessing that the rest of the tree might need to go, too. Then check in on the neighbor's view pruning and orchard work.

Back