How'd it go today?

Cool Brian.

A pox on the accursed toppers of elms! I spent the afternoon trying to clean up broken stubs and dead wood on trees without a central TIP higher than the work. Grrrr. Got 3 done this afternoon. Did 2 without climbing last week 4 more of the abominations for tomorrow all needing climbing but at least there are a TIPs above the work on the last 4.

Cool Brian.

A pox on the accursed toppers of Elms! I spent the afternoon trying to clean up broken stubs and dead wood on trees without a central TIP higher than the work. Grrrr.

Looks like Ekka had more than one valid point, regarding topping....:)

Nice photos Brian, real serene.

I killed two small Eucs today with the apprentice and walked him through
several cuts.

Poor guy fights himself all day long and refuses to trust his gear or use his spurs
even when they're on his feet.

I'm always suggesting to him, No Knees on the Trees.
He seems to always climb on his knees, refuses to put more slack in his flip line.

What ever, Have it your way, Is what I think to myself.

Delivered a load of firewood to actress Andie McDowell(real name is rose). I don't even sell firewood but scrounged some up just to do it. Big House, and her personal assistant tried to talk the price down a bit. I said no, she bought anyway. Cord of Oak and Locust=180.

I'll suggest it to her personal assistant. Hey MB I just tried to ad a smile faces and this happenned.:D :) :lol: :cry: ????whats happening???

Damn good price she got for two very good heating woods.

She's talented for sure, must be the brunette syndrome.

Damn good price she got for two very good heating woods.

She's talented for sure, must be the brunette syndrome.

Reed:

You got some celebrities out there - Madelaine Stowe comes to mind. I saw her at one of the restaurants there once. You ever meet her?

The only actor I've ever met in person was Richard Chamberlain, and he was with his 20 yr. old college boyfriend. I've never been the 'fan' type, but if I had been, that woulda cured me.
Oh, I take it back >>> I've also met Paul Simon. Very self-important. Little-man syndrome, or just filthy b'zillionairre ?
Guess I haven't had much luck with the humble types ?
:cry:

:lol: I have a funny one for you. Guy robs a bank in Marathon yesterday. His get away vehicle was a BICYCLE. Only in The Keys! ( and yes, he got away with 15,000$)

He must be an eco-bank robber, and he'll have money to buy a car for the next one.

I had a neat morning. Got a call about 8 from a buddy and fellow arborist, he was at the local Vermeer/ Sherrill dealership for a seminar/ arbor show thing and had an extra ticket because another guy cancelled out. So I drove over and got to meet a few people. The speaker was discussing and demonstrating some different rigging techniques and at one point called me out by name, freaked me out because I had no idea who he was. So at the lunch break (bbq- mmmmm!!) I went over and spoke with him, seems he knows me from online and also from meeting me at the Expo in Baltimore 3 years ago. Well, I was impressed as all get-out that someone would remember me from 3 years ago, I can't remember the name of last week's customer. He's registered at the Buzz as Silverback and he also lurks here. Hey Bruce! 8)

He is also going to be at an over-40 climbing competition thing in Windermere Florida next month and he invited me to sign up. I guess I need to find out some more info on it. I wonder if I can use my bucket truck for the climbing competition?
:lol:

I wonder if I can use my bucket truck for the climbing competition?
:lol:

At 83 years young, I would think you'd need a bucket, ey ?!?
:/:

Vermeer hosts a demo / show / classes in Michigan every year in S.E. Michigan (Ann Arbor / Jackson area), and although I haven't been able to get me arse down to one yet, I've heard that it's well worth the time & that Vermeer is a generous host. Cool, cool, cool. Gotta go next year !
Nice post, SkwerlyTreeGuy.

Flew the bucket all day here. Between the 3 of us we got 46 boulavard trees pruned today.

went to the wifes office christmas party tonight. had a nice buffet, then Randy 'Elvis" Friskey came out and started wailing, then his old lady Mrs Frisky came out and did a Cher thing, then we took our leave. on a high note, there was a retired fella in the crowd, announced that he was one of the alumni of the business and I thought I recognized his name, wife said I told her the same thing last year , guess I drank one too many glasses of vino and didnt remember.
en1.jpg

Well, I was walking around a bit and saw him leaning on the wall chilling so I spent about five or so minutes with him shooting the poop. nice fella. Hockey fans MIGHT remember him, serious hockey fans will understand that it was a cool meeting.
http://www.bcsportshalloffame.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?person_id=22&searchall=1
KurtenbachVan.jpg

oh, and worked at the nursery today selling christmas trees, absolutely STOOPID busy. my right arm is killing me from sawing fresh cuts on the bottoms of trees going out the door, Zubat or not.

PTO started to go on the Lift today. 47 trees done though. Gonna have to climb tomorrow.

Back