Gustav is coming!!!!

It couldn't have been too bad, since Alexandria was a staging area for emergency crews planning on heading further south. Butch is prolly 75-100 miles from the coast.

lotsa wind I believe, I was watching CNN here and there and they were in a town (Alexandria ) not far from his, floodwise I dont think they have any probs, just wind. likely cable, phone and power out for a few days at the least.

I just saw a small article, apparently water is in short supply with wells being 'knocked out'

.MB quote
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx9WMsxLLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTx9WMsxLLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

When Butch gets back home he'll probably be so tired that he wont feel like getting on line. Least till he rests first Sure to be some hair raising stories come of it.

Bunch of my bros just left heding down there with loaders stumpers and everything but a crane.

Everyone on the east coast needs to mind Hanna. Stormchasers that is. South Carolina has not had a Bad hurricane/tropical storm in years. I am Leaning towards lots of damage even with strong tropical storm.

Plus you will not spend thousands in fuel to get there.

Yesterday I saw atleast 50 bucket trucks heading south on 81 in Pa to go down there & help out...

I think you meant to say ' go down there to make money.'
:)

I think Rick is talking utility bucket trucks. I know a ton of them left New England yesterday, heading for the south. I imagine they will be raking in the overtime nonetheless.

I saw about 25 more utility bucket trucks today heading south. Todays trucks were yellow. Yesterdays were white somewhere outta Mass...

Bunch of my tree buddies are down there in a restricted parish they r the only tree aservice allowed in at the moment i think they r about to make tons of cash

John where u at lets go

workin/hangin with the fam'.....no storm chasin here, unless it was 2hrs away max. Sounds like an adventure though

Yah, outta town is for young fellers with no family. I wouldn't do it now, unless I had to. Up here you don't chase storms but if ya want to work the bush and make money ya gotta go to camp. Same sorta difference, dude I know just left his family for a 8 month stint.

Hell someone needs to send one of those bucket trucks to Butch's place and hook him up!

Poor MB, myself, I have been posting feverishly trying to run my post count up while he is out of comishion.

Back