Gustav is coming!!!!

I can't believe how it's headed straight for my arse! Something tells me I'll be hooking up my power inverter to my truck...

Has it been raining there much in the last week?

When Fran hit here it had been raining a week solid so the ground saturated and soft. It took down big lives trees by the hundreds and we're 100 miles inland. Power was off for 10 days.

Freeport. Your getting bad weather from both storms.

Enjoying the tropics?

Always! It is pretty cool when you can look at a cloud formation and be certain it is a band from the storm. So far, it has not put a damper on our stay, except to come back to our room to see if we are in the cone, or out of the cone.:lol: In, out, in, out, finally out of the woods I think. I imagine we will have a ton of messages from the lower Keys on Monday. Truman Annex will be our priority on Tuesday, I am sure.

Mb, your friend is a smart man, planning ahead with the crane. Good luck to ya'll in LA. Hope the levies hold.

You know I always put my work boots and work clothing in garbage bags as part of my strom prep. They may get wet when i start working, but I start out dry. Lessons learned from huricane Andrew.

This storm might push gas prices past $5 a gallon. Diesel even more. Just to be on the safe side, I filled up 3 drums of diesel yesterday at the petroleum distributor since I was down to the last 25 gallons I got in April. I should be good on fuel till at least Thanksgiving.

MB...whats your plan?.......chill and swill till it's over?

Sure. I have my 700 watt inverter dusted off and I'm freezing big blocks of ice. I think I'll buy a new deep cycle battery for my truck. I'll probably loose power but usually the cable stays operating. I'll still be online, just like last time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thought about geting a small generator Butch?
A 2 or 3000watt, you can run the PC, fridge, and light usage of the microwave with a couple of light bulbs.

I don't really need a generator. I live in the city so they'll have power restored tootsweet. The last time I was w/o for 24 hours or so. It's mainly a matter of when the wind dies down.

This is gonna be a rush.

I live in the city as well, the last big ice storm we lost power for seven days.
Weprobably loose power two hours every two months here, with or without a storm.

Hang tight and good luck!

I have a 6000 or 7000 watt generator in the shop (8hp Briggs I think). Bought it new back in the storms of 04 and used it for the 3-4 days I was without power. Haven't touched it since. It doesn't seem to be worth the hassle of setting it up unless you know you're going to be without power for more than a day.

I have a 6000 or 7000 watt generator in the shop (8hp Briggs I think). Bought it new back in the storms of 04 and used it for the 3-4 days I was without power. Haven't touched it since. It doesn't seem to be worth the hassle of setting it up unless you know you're going to be without power for more than a day.

I can't argue that Brian, I was just suggesting a small one with a couple of extension cords.

My 10k gets used a lot as a welder. It also takes me five minuets to hook it up:D

Back