Fallen Brother! The Kristian Schultz Donation Thread!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is so cool! I know it's gonna make Kristian's day!!! It sure made me feel better when I was cripped up, I tellya whut!

Thanks TreeHousers! We RAWK!!! :rockon:

I've been so busy and into my own thing lately that I'm just now checking in. So sad to hear of your injury, Kristian. Positive vibes for a speedy and complete recovery. Had a fall myself 13 years ago--termination knot came undone...stil have a pin in my ankle from the 25-35 foot fall.

I must echo all your friends' comments about you. We only met briefly last summer in Hawaii. I was shooting the ITCC and you were helping/judging. Then, at Leon's rec climb at the arboretum, I helped you get a line set. Your energy and enthusiasm , and excitement at climbing that incredible albizzia was unreal. And, of course, your 100 plus foot footlock in that humid drizzle was awesome.

Hope this lousy quality pic of you high in the canopy--helping others make their way to join you, and this inspiring rainbow that graced us will help you keep your spirits up.

Attachments

• IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2539.JPG
    IMG_2539.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 17
A few more pic of Kristian borrowed from the guys over at the BUZZ...

Geez, where ae the fashon police when you need then?

CAUTION:

Better put on you hearing protection...this dude dresses LOUD!!! :P:lol:

Attachments

• 46_1_IMG_0642.jpg
    46_1_IMG_0642.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 245724971_TaqMC-M.jpg
    245724971_TaqMC-M.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 2956925370102458053S500x500Q85.jpg
    2956925370102458053S500x500Q85.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Geezers08_E.jpg
    Geezers08_E.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 91
Hey, Everybody ! The well wishes for KMS will keep him going >>> foot surgery tomorrow, I think ??? They may need to reschedule it. My daughter Rachel is flying down to see Kristian & Meg this Friday for ten days. They get along really good & it's impossible for me to leave Michigan in high season.
P.S. The "loud" pants are for-real chaps given to KMS by Arborwear if I remember correctly ? He was dared to wear them ... no problem-o !!!

I hope I never need the kindness of fellow tree housers but it sure is nice to see it in action. Kudos to everyone.

I just saw this post - not sure how I missed it before. In case you are reading these posts Kristian, I just wanted to let you know you can and WILL recover. I took a ~35 ft fall myself 3 years ago, went through 2 surguries and about 3 lifetimes of physical therapy. I've recovered 90-95% of my range of motion in the left ankle (in spite of 12 screws and a 8" titanium plate permanently installed). I'd say I'm actually a better climber now than I was before the fall. The best advice I can give is don't give in to the depression, and try not to get addicted to the pain meds. Getting off the oxycontin was nearly as bad as the broken bones. We're all pulling for you here! :)

Dude it was wild! I knew it was small but I started up secured f.l. and about 25-30' into it just as I lunged vertical the branch went off like a cannon.

You guys are all great. I'm home with loads of titanium, I'm in great hands (Meg), in great spirits and OFF pain meds! Everyone's support has been fantastic and I'll be there for whoever needs my help too. High fives all the way around. You too sis! Kristian

The rest is not for the sqweemish so you may want to skip my next post.

Back