Cussing and Movie Reviews

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think my favorite is a toss up between Morgan Freeman and Samuel Jackson. John Travolta ain't no slouch, either!

2 outta 3, you must have loved pulp fiction

Anybody see Jack Reacher? Real fun movie imo.

How did they come up with the brilliant idea of letting Tom Cruise play Reacher?

Reacher is huge, that is the whole idea.

Cruise is a midget.

It simply didn't work.

Robert Shaw, in about anything. Pelham 123 was great.

I dont watch too many new ones.

Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin in Death Hunt. Oh, the list goes on and on............

Speaking of cussing, I find the amount of cussing in Tarantino flicks off putting. Its almost like crappy writing can be beefed up with excess cussing.

Deadwood had too much cussing.

I've never seen this, but supposed to be very compelling....if you can survive the morbidity of the first hour up until his escape. Some good movies come from down under, but they don't draw lots of publicity.
https://youtu.be/YXZ4u2ZVWOc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

John Wick was ten times better. Tom Cruise is a dick.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bvaftiAu7mw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Virtually all those who read the book said the same thing. I hadn't read the book, movie worked like a charm for me.

Funny to me Cory that you think Brad Pitt and Russel Crowe are nancy boys but would seem to enjoy Tom Cruise?

I can see your point. Idk, just no accounting for taste I guess.

Risky Business is a classic.

No real swear words in the local lingo, they leave that part of the translation blank. Just a dirty look was enough to get you swiped with a sharp sword.

Butch thought it was alright.
The Hateful Eight was cool,

I haven't seen it yet, I'll probably like it. It is long. I'll miss out on the 70mm one, don't think I'd last 3 hours in a theater.

I liked the old Bruce Willis ones, Last Man Standing was probably the best. Die Hard always turns up on tv for Christmas.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/00oG5gtD0Ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought inglorious B's was a great film.

A lot of my close friends are Jewish and live in The Manchester region. Local newspaper ran a piece just after IB came to the flix. It was based on a book about the Nazi hunters. My mate didn't realise and no one in the community knew that his great uncle was part of the Brigand that hunted the Nazi's. He was a local hero for the short time he lived after the movie came out.

I actually thought IB was a great film. Not so much the Hateful 8. It was ok but basically reservoir dogs' plot spliced with Django. IMO it lived up to neither of the previous movies. It even had Tim Roth rolling around like a stuck pig after the gut shot!

One interesting thing about films you like is "would you watch it again?"
I wouldn't watch any Tarantino film twice, just maybe Pulp Fiction, I couldn't even finish Django, bloody awful.

Short list of films I've watched multiple times, list yours if you like...

Goodfellas.
Sound of music.
Godfather 1
Big Fish
Zoolander
Zulu.

For me?

Gladiator
The count of Monte Cristo
Heat
meet the parents

Hmm. I don't watch a lot of movies.