What has yellow eyes in dark

Coyotes are all over Los Angeles now. They've started calling them urban coyotes....like they live in the cheap hotels or something. Very commonly seen at night.

No coyote ever walked the earth that was 50 lbs., let alone 100.

25 lbs. is more about like it for a good, solid sized one. 35 is a huge one.

Nor was any coyote's eye three feet off the ground, either.

Maybe he is talking about Coydogs.

Years ago on the farm our German Sheperds were running at nite and breeding the female Coyotes.

Many a 35 or 40lb. coydog was shot that had perfect GSD markings.:O

My son says that when a Jedi goes to the dark side of the Force and become a Sith, his eyes turn yellow.

I'll have to take his word for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shoot yall aint no help.
The coyote in the street was likely 35 pounds, it was bigger than my blue healer.
These two what ever they are were here again , you can here umm in the woods walking around , sounds like a person or a deer, but i still cant lay my eyes on one.Frome the back of my house to the next nearest paved road is 20 miles at least ite the printice cooper,http://www.state.tn.us/agriculture/forestry/stateforest07.html
What 23,000 acres or what ever.
Anyhow not big at all compared to out west but for eastern tennessee if there is any wildlife left this is where it is.
Across the street from my home is another 11,000 acre water shed.
supposedly there are rattle snakes in the canton over 7 feet long but i havent seen any.
All i ever see are deer and turkey.
I cant wait to find out whats taken up here , when i get some time i should be able to go up and find there prints.
Thats kinda hard to do now because of all the leaves.
Oh well ill ask one of the rangers.

Coyotes belong to the family Canidae (dog family) along with other dog-like mammals such as the red fox, gray fox and wolf. The coyote looks like a medium-sized dog, but its nose is more pointed and its tail is bushier than most dogs. A coyote holds its tail down between the hind legs when running. Their fur is typically gray to yellow-gray with guard hairs tipped in black. The fur often has a tinge of red behind the ears and around the face, but fur color varies among individuals. Coyotes are 23 to 26 inches high and three to four and a half feet long. They typically weigh 20 to 40 pounds but sometimes weigh up to 55 pounds. Because of their long fur, coyotes are often mistaken as being much larger than they actually are. Illinois coyotes are usually larger than those from the western United States. A coyote's eyes are a striking yellow with large dark pupils, instead of brown, like most dogs. Their eyeshine is greenish gold. The nocturnal yaps and howls of coyotes may be their most distinguishing characteristic.

Their eyeshine is greenish gold

Dang we got some freaking big ones here i hope they dont kill my dog.

Shoot yall aint no help.

If you're going to ignore all the plausible explanations like Mothers-in-Law, Chupacabra, Jedis, Grinchs, and Jackalopes and focus on coyotes, then we can't help.

Dang we got some freaking big ones here i hope they dont kill my dog.

Trap 'em. The rancher out by my place uses a noose snare. Find a hole in a fenceline where they are coming through and put the snare right there.

Seems to work pretty well.

If you're going to ignore all the plausible explanations like Mothers-in-Law, Chupacabra, Jedis, Grinchs, and Jackalopes and focus on coyotes, then we can't help.

:lol: Ain't that the truth!!! We try and he just ignores us...bah!!

I still think it is THIS kind of coyote (not those grungy furry ones)

Attachments

• CSIMargHelgenberger.jpg
    CSIMargHelgenberger.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 49
Crosses are sure possible.

In the article treeslayer attached they mentioned the eastern coyotes as being bred with wolves.

from wikipedia:

Coyotes will sometimes mate with domestic dogs, usually in areas like Texas and Oklahoma where the coyotes are plentiful and the breeding season is extended because of the warm weather. The resulting hybrids called coydogs maintain the coyote's predatory nature, along with the dog's lack of timidity toward humans, making them a more serious threat to livestock than pure blooded animals. This cross breeding has the added effect of confusing the breeding cycle. Coyotes usually breed only once a year, while coydogs will breed year-round, producing many more pups than a wild coyote. Differences in the ears and tail are generally what can be used to distinguish coydogs from domestic/feral dogs or pure coyotes.[21]

Coyotes have also been known on occasion to mate with wolves though this is less common as with dogs due to the wolf's hostility to the coyote. The offspring, known as a coywolf, is generally intermediate in size to both parents, being larger than a pure coyote, but smaller than a pure wolf. A study showed that of 100 coyotes collected in Maine, 22 had half or more wolf ancestry, and one was 89 percent wolf. A theory has been proposed that the large eastern coyotes in Canada are actually hybrids of the smaller western coyotes and wolves that met and mated decades ago as the coyotes moved toward New England from their earlier western ranges.[17] The Red Wolf is thought by certain scientists to be in fact a wolf/coyote hybrid rather than a unique species. Strong evidence for hybridization was found through genetic testing which showed that red wolves have only 5% of their alleles unique from either grey wolves or coyotes. Genetic distance calculations have indicated that red wolves are intermediate between coyotes and grey wolves, and that they bear great similarity to wolf/coyote hybrids in southern Quebec and Minnesota. Analyses of mitochondrial DNA showed that existing Red Wolf populations are predominantly coyote in origin

we have 'em in Boston, and I mean in Downtown :O

Trap 'em. The rancher out by my place uses a noose snare. Find a hole in a fenceline where they are coming through and put the snare right there.

Seems to work pretty well.

Makes for a long drawn out hurtful death. How would you like to go that way, yourself?

Many around here. They may be less than 50 pounds but they know math. Put two together and they know they can take on a 100 pound dog.

:lol: Ain't that the truth!!! We try and he just ignores us...bah!!

I still think it is THIS kind of coyote (not those grungy furry ones)

Way too big. He said about 3' tall.

one of these.

Attachments

• midgetsexpics15.jpg
    midgetsexpics15.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 42
Makes for a long drawn out hurtful death. How would you like to go that way, yourself?

Not too painful. They'd pass out fairly quickly as the noose tightens up.

I can't think of any way I'd want to go, but a lot of people go this way and find it arousing - look up Michael Hutchence of INXS.

My imagination doesn't quite reach to picturing a coyote beating off, while hanging from a noose:D

but a lot of people go this way and find it arousing - look up Michael Hutchence of INXS.

but none of em INTEND to die. the idea is to to temporarily starve the brain of oxygen.

nothing arousing about death. :what: for normal people, anyway. plenty of weirdness in this world now, though.

My imagination doesn't quite reach to picturing a coyote beating off, while hanging from a noose:D

It's still probably better than the alternative, which an arsenic laced shotgun shell to the face.

or worse, to the ass, only to die a week later of gangrene.

Unfortunately the snare as often catches a leg or around the waistline rather than the neck, and if on the neck it does not kill, it holds. It's a horrible way to die.

a trap is not set to be left, it should be checked every day or 2. suffering animals should be dispatched quickly and humanely. ive seen video of a coyote eating a deer alive. nature is brutal, i dont worry much about coyotes suffering

Unfortunately the snare as often catches a leg or around the waistline rather than the neck, and if on the neck it does not kill, it holds. It's a horrible way to die.

The rancher makes the rounds. He knows if he's caught something and takes the appropriate steps.

a trap is not set to be left, it should be checked every day or 2. suffering animals should be dispatched quickly and humanely. ive seen video of a coyote eating a deer alive. nature is brutal, i dont worry much about coyotes suffering

In my opinion,the "quickly and humanely" part ended the moment the snare was set.

The rancher makes the rounds. He knows if he's caught something and takes the appropriate steps.

That's not what happened to that 'yote I saw a few years back, wire snare around the waist, cut nearly to the backbone by her struggles... long dead, but not by appropriate steps and it sure wasn't humane.

I don't mind killing for a logical reason, but I can't abide cruelty.

Back