What has yellow eyes in dark

Why is arsenic used, and how does it get in there? Don't the shells kill them dead enough?

It's set as a booby trap - a can containing the poisoned shell is set into the ground and some bait palced on top. When the coyote tries to get the bait, the shell goes off and send the poison into the coyote. It's a more sure kill than a shell alone.

Not sure of the mechanics of getting poison into a shell.

I don't like it because I have kids and pets. I'd hate for them to stumble across a forgoten trap and get killed.

That's not what happened to that 'yote I saw a few years back, wire snare around the waist, cut nearly to the backbone by her struggles... long dead, but not by appropriate steps and it sure wasn't humane.

I don't mind killing for a logical reason, but I can't abide cruelty.

this would be illegal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You tree guys take a thread and just run wild, heck the coyote's i seen was proablly you bunch of wood hounds after my new 1890.
Better, keep away ,we are well armed .
Now i know; Tree climbers eyes turn yellow after dark.

seriously though whatever they are they do one thing... they make alot of noise when moving about but then all the leaves are crunchy even a chipmunk makes alot of noise this time of year

Haha

No coyote ever walked the earth that was 50 lbs., let alone 100.

25 lbs. is more about like it for a good, solid sized one. 35 is a huge one.

Nor was any coyote's eye three feet off the ground, either.
Been trapping yotes for 30 years and I do hate to disagree with you Burnham as this being my first post on the Tree House Site, but here in Indiana most yotes average around 40 to 50 lbs. I have caught some old alfa males that were pushing 65 lbs. Western coyotes are smaller than the Eastern coyotes, but the Western ones are much prettier. I do agree with you on the 3 feet off the ground part.

Welcome blackoak. :)
You must have some big boots and bigger cahones challenging Burnham on your initial post. That's cool, we don't like wimps around here. :lol:

It's set as a booby trap - a can containing the poisoned shell is set into the ground and some bait palced on top. When the coyote tries to get the bait, the shell goes off and send the poison into the coyote. It's a more sure kill than a shell alone.

Not sure of the mechanics of getting poison into a shell.

I don't like it because I have kids and pets. I'd hate for them to stumble across a forgoten trap and get killed.

This process has been outlawed in all 50 states because of non target critters geting lased.

Welcome blackoak. :)
You must have some big boots and bigger cahones challenging Burnham on your initial post. That's cool, we don't like wimps around here. :lol:
I have lurked awhile and that's why I said hate to disagree.:) I doubt that will happen much. I always pay attention to Burnhams post.

The one laying in the street by my house was easily 35 pounds.
I would have said 50 pounds , its huge, got to be a coy dog, but all the critics , would have jumped on me immediatly and said i was full of shit.
Im used to that and its mostly true ,:D
Theze beast around my parts are bigger than normal.
Now i was at the utilitarian church of god this summer and saw a coy that was maybe 2.5 feet tall mangy and all couldnt have weighed more than 30 pound.
That was in the middle of the tiny tiny city of chattanooga.

I think there are alot more old school animals here than anywhere else , youd just have to see it on a map .
I encounterd a cat last year that scared my butt .
It was big.

Here ill get a map of the area .
There is a pretty big area of wilderness here , at least for the S.eastern US:|:

This is it, our house is just left of the left creek in center , all of PC is also west mostly.
So most anything has alot of woods to hide in , including me...:roll:
Its a big reserve area for the eastern us.Some Gov and alot private
Not big atll compared to alot of places though.
I think i saw Big foot a min ago:O

Attachments

• my place.jpg
    my place.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 14
dunno but they sure look intimidating!
grinch.jpg

Do grinches come in pairs ?
Cause if they do than i got grenches.

This is the area just west where its as wild as it gets around here .
Our place is right upper hand cornor or there abouts .
Damn big grinches lots of caves.
Its the bend in the river that contains it, you guys can see that huh?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 12
Back