What has yellow eyes in dark

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Killer i got you guys a good pic of the area.
You can see my place.
And you can see the PC.
With cumberland trail and all.
Maybe this was better for a new thread :|:
Everyanimal is more or less trapped by then giant bend in the river, which you can see.
The can come off the ridge but mostly only on my side .
That is where they can hide and feed./
From where u see darkstar yellow pin i can be at the very front of the pic above the T river ina about 20 mins.
I can walk it in 1.5 hours hauling ass.

Attachments

• darkstar.jpg
    darkstar.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 11
Just for measure... this is across the street .. google does not have our side :(
<iframe width="425" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,248.07323627456148,,0,5&cbll=37.535357,-119.972241&panoid=&v=1&hl=en&gl=us"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=5901+colorado+rd+mariposa,+CA&ie=UTF8&ll=37.557847,-119.964437&spn=0.032186,0.038195&z=14&g=5901+colorado+rd+mariposa,+CA&iwloc=cent&layer=c&cbll=37.535357,-119.972241&panoid=zba_ysFhILfiVLqkm2-C1A&cbp=12,248.07323627456148,,0,5&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

And this is across the other street (corner lot)
And the deer are everywhere. But I truly think the grinches are closer to the wine cellar up the hill form the previous pic ;)
<iframe width="425" height="240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/sv?cbp=12,152.03256594485762,,0,5&cbll=37.534267,-119.970786&panoid=&v=1&hl=en&gl=us"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5470+E+whitlock+rd+mariposa,+ca&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ll=37.544305,-119.964266&spn=0.003829,0.009356&z=14&layer=c&cbll=37.534267,-119.970786&panoid=oWYP8WlRw5qDGZK_IbWnzA&cbp=12,152.03256594485762,,0,5&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I really think it is too far south. The grinch range doesn't extend that far south, unless dark lives in Whoville.

Been trapping yotes for 30 years and I do hate to disagree with you Burnham as this being my first post on the Tree House Site, but here in Indiana most yotes average around 40 to 50 lbs. I have caught some old alfa males that were pushing 65 lbs. Western coyotes are smaller than the Eastern coyotes, but the Western ones are much prettier. I do agree with you on the 3 feet off the ground part.

No sweat Blackoak. Speak your mind, especially when you have pertinent experience.:)

I'm wondering about the possibility of dog crosses in your area though, perhaps accounting for the sizes you see. Few, if any, reputable naturalists or wildlife biologists whose writings I'm familiar with would agree with you, not to say I doubt your word.

Welcome to the THouse, btw!

I really think it is too far south. The grinch range doesn't extend that far south, unless dark lives in Whoville.

Nah, he came down the river, grinches are aquatic creatures, thanks to evolution.

Attachments

• jetski.jpg
    jetski.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 58
they have taken to the water quite well, and can cover a lot of territory.

Attachments

• jetski2.jpg
    jetski2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 56
there's also a dumber breed, but this one has the secret service drive him around.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 57
I used to run the mountains in PA when I was younger. Yellow eyes that high off the ground are a cougar no doubt in my mind. I have been approached a few times over the years and was able to scare them away. The last one took me firing at it before it would leave. I was shaking so bad I missed it by five feet but it was enough to get it to leave. I hauled ass out of the woods after that. A farmer about a mile from where I saw it put a bullet into it's head a week later when it came after his grandkid. I always walk armed at night just to be safe. I carry a 45 with hollow-points filled with a cocktail in the recess capped with wax. I was told by the chemist who made it that it would kill damn near anything smaller than a bear in seconds. I have thankfully never needed to use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OMG ,,,do thay ever travel in pairs?
I was confronted with one of those in Colarodo...
I know they are here as well but just so seldom seen

Hey, I saw a mountain lion in Ontario while moose hunting about 10-12 years ago. We (4 of us) reported the sitting to the M.N.R. and they looked at us as if we saw a UFO!:what:

BTW, it was seen 60kms north of the town of Atikoken Ontario. It appeared to be a young cat & we guessed it to weigh about 45lbs.

HC

grinch.jpg

OMG ,,,do thay ever travel in pairs?
I was confronted with one of those in Colarodo...
I know they are here as well but just so seldom seen

Yes they are known to travel in pairs usually a male and female. I know an animal biologist who told me that he has seen pairs that were the same sex traveling together but it is rare. Normally it will be a male and a female. Right now there is an issue down by me as a cougar has been seen within 50 miles of where I live. They are well known to cover distances that large in the hunt for food. I will not let my wife go outside at night without either me or a gun. My dogs are sleeping in the backroom now as a safety precaution. If it comes at me even if I don't have my 45 which is rare it is for the fight of it's life. I'm a big SOB if you can't tell from the pic (that is an 880 with a 42 inch bar in front of me) and I carry at least 4 knives on me at all times. I will kill the damn thing before it kills me.

Had a mating pair here just got put down as they got too friendly with the neighbors and the pets. Also had a couple follow me home pretty frequently when I first came up here. Had about a mile walk home from the restaurant down a dirt country road... I smelled like the food (thinking the fish might of had something to do with it) in raw form, you always get some on ya... I would just turn and jump at them or run at them and yell. They would usually just take off from there. But then there were times they would start the stalk again further down the road.:wall:

Yup cougars everywhere up here. In highschool a buddy of mine got attacked by one out in Cherryville, he got lucky and just got some cool scars on his back. His dad was with him and was able to beat/scare it off with a stick. It was tracked and killed and was found to be a sick juvenile. I've seen them many times in the bush but never had a issue with them, very flighty everyone I came across. Intense eyes to have scoping ya out though.

Back