What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

We had cauliflower-cheese pie on a grated potato crust. It takes a while to assemble, but is delicious. Sadly for Stig, eggs are a prime ingredient :).

A can of Amys vegetarian chili(medium), with a bunch of shredded sharp cheddar, and some scorpion pepper sauce.

Fish & chips. That was actually my second choice, I wanted fried chicken from Royal Farms, but since they seem to actively seek out the worst employees, they didn't have any made.

Went out for Greek food, had the gyro dinner with extra Greek salad instead of potato. It was excellent. There’s so many Greek restaurants here and from what I can tell so far, they’re all great.

Had a gyro for lunch. There's a new Greek place near the office. Good food, but not obvious they're there. Hoping they last, but I never see them busy.

Smoked salmon pasta salad. It was supposed to be my lunch for work, but ended up eating out.

I do the gyro meat on a Greek salad, not a big fan of pita bread.
It’s kinda like sausage with not so much grease. Usually beef and a little bit of lamb, sometimes some pork. Try it sometime, it’s usually very tender and the seasoning is pretty delicious.
I love the taste of the marinated beef usually used in Greek restaurants but the cut or tenderness varies wildly. On the same plate there’ll be tender meat that can be cut with a spoon, as well as stuff more like shoe leather and whatever in between. Usually bring home a few bites for the dog :)

Did the salmon pasta salad again. I didn't really want that, but the salmon's been open since Monday, and I didn't want to waste it.

My son, Drew’s 18th birthday today, told him to pick a restaurant. There’s some great spots in Buffalo and Niagara Falls, but he picked Olive Garden and he ordered mac and cheese off the kid’s menu. I’ve always suspected something ain’t right with that boy and this is almost concrete evidence ;)
We’ll party with more family Sunday, do a bunch of the heaviest pizza in town and wings and more cake and ice cream.
I had house salad and shrimp scampi with no pasta. Not bad. Not good either, but it was edible I suppose.

M's better than one can imagine scratch made split pea soup; and our regular house salad of cuke, tomato, romaine, sweet red pepper, and crimini mushrooms. The avocados from Mexico are not quite ripe yet, so we had to do without that :).

M's better than one can imagine scratch made split pea soup; and our regular house salad of cuke, tomato, romaine, sweet red pepper, and crimini mushrooms. The avocados from Mexico are not quite ripe yet, so we had to do without that :).
I love split pea soup. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is afterwards when my dad uses the leftover smoked turkey to make split pea soup. It’s great with ham of course, but I’ve never heard of anyone else making it with smoked turkey. It’s excellent, really compliments the rest of the dish.