What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I didn't use an air fryer. Regular oven just takes a bit longer.

My new oven has an airfryer setting.
I'm starting to like that a lot.

The mail order bride, being from the german part of Schweiz, is a big potato lover.
Home fries turn out real good on the air fryer.

I’ve only smoked two myself. First one was awesome. Second one was ok. I’m gonna smoke some chicken quarters soon. Just need good enough weather to invite people over since I screwed up and froze them in ten pound bags. That’s a lot of yard bird for one family to eat

There’s almost endless options for leftover chicken though, and soup or broth with some meat freezes nicely for a while.

I’ll be playing with whole or quartered chickens on my smoker once it warms up a little.

Didn’t brisket used to be like one of the cheapest cuts of the cow? Did a double take last time I shopped for beef and bought strip steaks because they were a better price.

Yes, good for soup and not much else except for at one little place with a bunch of drunk people. Crazy expensive now. Damn you Anchor Bar! Their sauce ain’t even that good lol. If any of y’all are ever in the area and looking for excellent wings, try Roman Cafe in North Tonawanda, or Buzzy’s in Niagara Falls. My experience so far anyways. There’s plenty of restaurants with good wings, but those two really stand out as some of the best.

Some places go cheap on their ingredients, I really hate seeing broken bones in wings. Makes me wonder if the animal suffered for some time before it died. Plus it adds more choking hazards and possibility of puncturing one’s mouth or tongue with a splinter.
Also there’s places that I’ll never order from again because there’s clearly deep fried feathers still attached. Yuck.

Yesterday was 'make it up as you go' with pasta.
One chopped red onion in a little olive oil from my friends olive grove/farm (Glendale Olives) brown some cubed chicken breast, six tomatoes from the garden, some broccoli, a few anchovy stuffed olives, parmesan, oregano, S&P. Not bad.
Today, chicken, leek and mushroom sausages, with mashed potato and mashed sweet potato. The mash has lashings of butter, some condensed milk, S&P and a dash of parmesan just because.