What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I like chickpeas a lot. Was that hot or cold? Looks like it would be good cold. Might make a good lunch for work.

I was thinking of you when I posted that link.
Figured it would be something you'd like.

We had Raclette for dinner yesterday.
This morning I made hash browns out of the remaining potatioes and we had a chunk of Gruyere cheese with it.

So, basically, potatoes and cheese for dinner and then again for breakfast.

Then I went and shovelled a couple of tons of pebbles for the drive way.
A solid breakfast of potatoes and cheese work GREAT for that.

I took my mom, dad, wife and kids out to our better restaurant tonight. All their favorite things to eat at a favorite spot. Known the chef/owner for years now. Gerry and Terry had dinner with us there when they came to visit. Lilly had never been and Levi was just a baby last family meal there. Seth brought his new lady friend. Katy had the salmon with Pesto. I and the boys a beatiful NY cooked to perfection. Barely needed chewing. Mom shrimp alfredo. Lilly and dad, chicken alfredo. I should have ordered the scallops with the steak. But i was saving roomfor some pie :)
Lovely evening with flowers and cards exchanged.

Wish my folks were still alive to get together like that.
But seriously, almost lost dad this last year and mom is showing signs of slight dementia coming on. SO I best make the best of anything I can. Sorry they aren't with you anymore. Just happy right now that my kids get to come up with some grandparents close by they can have some time with. Late start and all that.

I'm going to try my hand at a traditional Swiss potato salad.
Be interesting to see if I get it right.

Grilled trip tip on salad. We used to call it black and blue salad when we blackened the meat but left it very rare. But i just rubbed some love on it and cooked it the way the fam will eat it.