What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Looks fine...but you can have my serving of sauerkraut. Never acquired a taste for that...one of the very, very few things I'd just as soon not have on my plate :).

If you've had enough Austin, I'll take Burnham's kraut. Love it. That or kimchi are my favorite ways of eating cabbage.

Beans and wienies tonight. Didn't look like anything special. Didn't really taste all that special either, but it's easy, and good in a low key kinda way.

No seafood for you?

Thursday I usually have Tasmanian salmon or Atlantic salmon. Tonight was Aldi trout "from the clearest Danish waters" with mashed potato, carrots & rainbow chard.

Can't remember where Stig said not to eat the fish from, but I think that might be safe. I'll try and find that post for next time.

Found it.

Atlantic should be fine.
Stay away from those caught in in the Baltic sea, though.
They have enough heavy metals and other good stuff in them, that pregnant women are recommeded to avoid eating them:\:

Wow, my cooking has really dropped off these days going by some of my posts back then. Can't believe it was that long ago an I'm still having "Atlantic salmon with mashed potatoes, pumpkin and broccoli" on Thursday.

Had a really good lunch. Got the idea from reddit, and when I saw it, I thought "Of course!". Surprised I never came up with it myself. It's simply a flour tortilla with hummus spread inside, some cucumber, sweet pepper, onion, and feta cheese. I was trialing it for work, but I think it would come apart too easily there. Good for home though, and super easy and quick.

Had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with balsamic vinegar. Pretty good. On another forum, there was a thread about elite level vinegar, and also branched into the sub elite, but still spendy. I had never had the good stuff. The cheap balsamic was fine for salads or whatever, but that thread got me curious. I was especially intrigued about having it on ice cream. I picked up a bottle of wegmans brand. It was pretty cheap for a proper balsamic($14), but I figured it would give me an idea of what it was about.

I was at aldi today looking at the ice cream so I could try my vinegar. On one side there was coffee, which is one of my absolute favorite flavors, and on the other side vanilla. Debating back and forth...

"Hey dumbass, you don't even get ice cream much. Get the vanilla so you can try your vinegar"
"Yea, but look, coffee!"
"Coffee's great, but that's *not* why you're here"
"Hmm..."
"Fine, whatever. Even if the vinegar sucks, vanilla's acceptable I guess"

Recommended, but I don't think it's better than coffee, especially if the coffee has chocolate covered espresso beans in it(aldi's didn't) :^D

The good balsamic is thick and fairly sweet, but has a slightly acidic backbone. The bottle I got has a drizzle spout so you can dribble it on whatever you're doing. The cheap $5/bottle supermarket vinegar isn't the same. The $14 I spent is about the very bottom for price of the good stuff, and you can spend as much as want. This was the subject of the other thread I mentioned...

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LZZ5V8K?pf_rd_r=NGT2ZBSZ0BPX5AN3HBBH&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=96d44848-1351-4cde-a354-18c4c64137f1&pd_rd_w=Jwr4l&pd_rd_wg=3n9Et&ref_=pd_gw_unk

edit:
I was impressed enough with the industrial process vinegar I got to try this next time I order from amazon...

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Giuseppe-Giusti-Deposito-Balsamico-Balsamic/dp/B0153G717K/ref=pd_day0fbt_2/131-5298990-2841858?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0153G717K&pd_rd_r=61aa5527-7cac-4aa4-b1ea-85bd9dbb6482&pd_rd_w=9LTMa&pd_rd_wg=OpSbE&pf_rd_p=4951d1d4-4651-4708-9191-ee0340bb7956&pf_rd_r=Z6ZKNAWGNPSA83KMV09J&psc=1&refRID=Z6ZKNAWGNPSA83KMV09J

I want to compare, and see how much better it is.

Last edited:
Ice cream with balsamic...

20210530_161743.jpg

Actual dinner was a couple of those hummus wraps and a couple jalapeño/cheddar sausages.

Y'all sure do eat good under your wing, Austin. Mighty nice.

We had M's dinner quiche tonight...mushroom/panko crust, sauted green onions and bok choy filling, topped with eggs and cheese.

Spiced nicely with crushed red chilies.

It was tasty :).

The first new potatoes of the season, grilled asparagus fresh from the field next door, with fresh dillweed in sour cream and a simple salad.
Spring food.