What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Thanks, Austin...we here on the Columbia River and PNW coastal rivers know them well as smelt. Fine food for true. But as you say, the runs are ever diminishing down here. Sad loss for us all.

I sure hope we, as a species, can figure out how to occupy planet Earth without destroying this beautiful blue orb.

Since wifey and I are recovering from WuFlu, our teenage son has become the chef of the kitchen. Last night was marinated skirt steak, grilled portabellas and shreded, fried potatoes. Tonight, he did spaghetti w/modified marinara (homemade meatballs, peppers and fungus) and a garden salad. He'll impress a girl someday (if he could stop being glued to the stupid video games).....

No, but if i had some on hand (or looked harder) i would have. Just mushrooms, onion, pepper, and chicken thighs. The sauce is pepper, vinegar, oyster sauce, water, soy sauce, and corn starch for a thickener. Whole thing takes maybe 15 min, and that's because I'm still slow with a knife and I'm using a normal stove. I want to start using a turkey fryer burner or a weed burner, and then it would only take 5 minutes lol

Mmm those smelt sound amazing!

I made a "sausage" pepper and onion sub tonight, kinda like being at a fair. Beyond Meat hot Italian sausage, totally works for this application

My mother makes really good salmon cakes. I tried it once, and they didn't really work out. I was just winging it, and screwed it up pretty bad.

My daughter got me eating collards. I like them with Tabasco. That's something I burn out on really quick. They'll go from awesome to No Thank You in a day.