What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMG_20230128_121037516_HDR.jpg

This is very good. I saw it when I was shopping for jul alcohol. You don't often see much in the way of akvavit. It loses points for using caramel color, but it's smooth and flavorful.

Have you ever had Linie akvavit?
Called that because it has crossed the "linie" ( Equator) twice.
Is is filled in casks which are going to Australia by ship and back.
Same way Madeira was matured back in the day.
Wonderfully mellow.

I have! I think I have a bottle open somewhere. It is very good. My other two are Aalborg, which is ok, but better for shooting than sipping, and Krogstad which is very good. Leans more heavily into the anis flavors. That one's from Oregon.

Super!
I was going to send you a bottler if you didn't know it.
Not to be missed for akvavit connoseurs.

What do you think of the various weird beers Brian? You know, stuff with flavors, and very outside the traditional range. I've had bad luck picking them out. Seems like there's always off flavors, or balance is off, or it's just wrong. I'm not a beer purist at all. The flavors are appealing to me, but they seldom seem to work. I end up spending a bunch of money on some strange microbrew, and wish I had put the money into something from Germany or Britain.

Weird beers, it depends. The coffee and chocolate flavored ales usually hit the marks, as do the infrequent Nut Browns. Schwarzbiers and reds (both ales and lagers) rarely miss the mark. Imperials, Double and Triples rarely miss as well (and are usually very boozy... :D) The occasional blueberry ale and cranberry lambics are about as far out as I want to go, although the occasional fruity Belgian Lambics are sometimes nice as desserts. Everything else I purposely avoid...

Last edited:
A few years ago they had Miller packed in retro cans. I love retro packaging, so of course I had to get some. Plus it's union made! Well, the cans looked nice... :^D

taylor-fladgate-10-year-old-tawny-porto-portugal.jpg

e8b07d2a-db11-4586-ba23-8e0ac2c03a20-1000-m.jpg

I was looking for a box to put recycling in, and found beer I forgot I bought, so I had one. Powerful in the alcohol, and the flavor is... interesting. I have one left, but I don't think I'll get it again.

Back