TreeHouse Tee Shirt Orders 2019

Butch, Gary sent me a Bando t-shirt along with the 2 TreeHouse ones.
When I wore it to the dojo, it made some of the karate guys look at me kinda sideways.

:lol: Helps keep 'em off balance, Stig...they'll wonder WTF you have been up to now....

They can rest assured the Panther on the T-shirt likes meat, too...not just Butch.

Good remember finally! Looks good on ya! Like your systematized way to dry ropes. I usually drape them all over the front porch...looks WAY bad but works...mostly. :D

@pantheraba @vharrison @lumberjack

For the whole house, but I singled out the 3 above I figured were closer to Butch than most. Butch's Tree House swag page is still active on CafePress (MasterBlaster's Stuff - https://www.cafepress.com/thouse), so it appears people can still order everything up there (I think Butch just did this whole "I need to order at least 6" shirts to help to avoid shipping charges for us lay folk).

My proposition is as follows: I will reach out to CafePress on Monday to see about taking over the account and get the details on how it works. We should advertise it up in the banner line for TreeHousers (and visitors alike) to order from. Any proceeds from it should be donated (maybe to the Fallen Families Fund in memory of Butch, or something else the Housers can vote on). Lastly, I'd like to add a shirt design, one with a pic of Butch (maybe this one: Public Profile - https://www.cafepress.com/profile/1958746) with a caption of "No Stubs", or something else witty from him that may be better.

Let me know what y'all think.

- Brian

Uh oh...turf war.

Carl my friend, and I do really mean that, unlike the required lame azz rhetoric in between at odds members of Congress ;)...I suppose it makes perfect sense to you to call this your forum. After all, Butch asked you to take over after he passed on. Hard to argue against that point of view.

But I have to admit that when you have done so, it makes me uncomfortable. I of course hold no sway here, no power to bend you from your path...but I really do wish you'd consider a somewhat less proprietary approach.

For me and I suspect for most longer term members, this will always be Butch's forum. I assumed he asked you to administer it after he was no longer able to, no longer with us. That's a long way from it becoming YOUR forum, imo.

I may, however, well be in a tiny minority of one in these thoughts. And now having expressed them, I doubt there will be much reason at this point for me to ever say anything along these lines again.

My instinct is that he was trying to answer the question people have been asking about how to get the shirts. I don't think he's trying to horn in on any territory but just making a nice offer to help people out. Seems like some discussion is in order.

Gary, you are correct, was just looking to help out. I sent Carl a private message indicating such. Hope no offense was taken.

I'm super tired and my brain is overly fatigued at the moment.... was up until 2 this morning then back up at 6. Spent the last few weeks thinking about how to handle various "issues" here and how they play out. Play them out and then deal with the fallout from that.... my brain is tired.

I just spent an hour or so with Apple getting a phone ready to send in for a repair on a known issue they have a repair program for. That lengthy conversation included questions such as:
1587789272632.png

I say that to hopefully illustrate my temporary perspective, lack of being verbose, my directness, whatever you want to call my desire to be in bed presently and not that I'm gruff, chafed, or otherwise anything beside tired and trying to temporarily address this before retiring for the evening.

(These started off in order and quick, I just added line 7 and this post is taking considerably longer than I expected to draft)

1: I'm certainly not offended by @BeerGeek 's notion and told him so .

2: Yesterday and the day before I saw passing comments calling this Butch's forum. I didn't address it, but spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about how to address it.

3: I'm certainly not offended by Burn's post; it does require addressing.

4: Butch left me the forum, not to simply run in a popular manner, but to own and run as I see fit.
Carl can run the TreeHouse however he sees fit once I'm off to Disneyland.

5: In general, I consider myself a good leader. I'm used to being decisive and confident in my logic producing the desired outcome, be it running a family, raising a child into an adult, running a business, removing a tree... whatever. I do make mistakes and am wrong, regularly even. I feel like I spend more than an average amount of time reflecting on those deficiencies.

6: A forum by definition requires participation to be a forum. I understand and respect that. Certain things will rub me differently than Butch... in our talks he said as much, turns out he's right (call the president by his properly spelled name, for example). My goal is to continue the forum as a place to hang out as a family as well as place exchange and store technical ideas. People who are intentionally divisive aren't conducive to that goal.

7: I need and plan to make a post outlining how I think things should be and be handled so we're all on the same page.... for example: If you see something that doesn't "fit", instead of spending the next 100 posts "fighting injustice"and starting a rift, click the damn report button and get my attention on it. Maybe I agree, maybe I don't, but at least I'll see it when it starts, not 100 posts later where a chunk of the forum is frothing at the state of affairs.

8: This piddly amount of words has taken me two hoes to try to formulate appropriately. I'm now sending the draft to another member to see if I can go to bed or if I have to change some language.

9: Post approved and I’m in bed!

Thanks for number 7. I had even thought about hitting the report button, not even sure the old format had one but I did hit it recently. I wondered if it would be received well or seen as form of complaining. Glad to know it is received as intended, just a members point of view.

Carl, we are all probably still in a grieving state with regards to Butch. This forum was such a part of him, that is natural to, at this point, to still remember it as his forum. That said, as time time moves forward, and I think it will take some time, I think people will begin to see how you take the forum forward and say, Carl has done a great job. I know you will, but give everyone time to grieve.

The cafe press was a fun place get Treehouse goodies, Beergeek,, thanks for looking into it, I’m sure it will be a big help to Carl. I look forward to hearing what shakes out.

If you do use CafePress to get a T-shirt be sure you know exactly what the picture on the shirt will look like. This last round of shirts when I went to look at Cafe Press the shirts picture was in a square. It was very disjointed look at as and Butch and I talked about it neither one of us liked it. Just be sure that what I saw was not a glitch in their display software But be sure you know what the shirts really going to look like. The last batch of shirts Butch had made someplace local to him and not at CafePress.

Heh... Just looked. I'm guessing it's a terrible photochop job. Looks like they cut the image out of a white shirt, then overlaid it on whatever. Nobody could assume that would be a good way to manufacture a shirt, right??

I might get banned for a bad joke but:

I’m only a little worried about #8! It took you two ‘hoes’ to write all that!?! And I thought you were a family man.

In all seriousness, running a forum takes a lot.
I am here for the time being to support one another. Differences abound. It’s what makes it interesting.

Carry on Carl , but safety first- stay away from the hoes!!!

Heh... Just looked. I'm guessing it's a terrible photochop job. Looks like they cut the image out of a white shirt, then overlaid it on whatever. Nobody could assume that would be a good way to manufacture a shirt, right??

You are probably right....years ago, the first shirts I got (with MB taking that yuge top) were from Cafe Press and they were fine...good detail and quality. Hopefully they just screwed the pooch with their photochop (great term...had not seen that one before).

Hello all. I have been absent from so much for so long. I hope you all are in good spirits as I had just learned about Butch about a week ago.

My life has changed so much since I was really active here, and can you believe I only own 2 saws now! Lol.

Anyhoo... It has been fun to go through the old stomping grounds and see so many familiar faces and names still around.

Love you'se guys.

Gary

Back