How do you view the TreeHouse?

PC or Phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Like the question says...

I'm asking because I'm trying to fill in all the top header space ( see that pic of me?) with something, but Brandon informed me that doing that can mess with a mobile user's bandwidth.

Does that new header mess with any of ya'll mobile users??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Laptop = PC

so, did you post 50/50?

I consider anything other than a PC or laptop as a mobile device.

Done...I had to click on cast vote...sigh...too many steps geeze...:|:8)

I was just given a laptop for my new job at the plant so I can write work orders, print OPs and lockouts and order parts. First time I’ve booted up a computer in at least 2 years.
I have one at home somewhere.
We use a DCS program to control the processes but the consoles are always on and only run that one program.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be sure to post! I consider a laptop to be a PC. It's mainly a diff between phones and everything else...

Tiny screens VS larger ones, and RAM/whatnot.

Android here. I went three years doing absolutely everything on my phone. Bought a laptop for email and photo management this summer.

Like the question says...

I'm asking because I'm trying to fill in all the top header space ( see that pic of me?) with something, but Brandon informed me that doing that can mess with a mobile user's bandwidth.

Does that new header mess with any of ya'll mobile users??
Not at all ... I think it’s cool 😎...Is that an 066 in the tree ? Ya gotta have some pipes to run that girl all day

Love the new site Butch, well done.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the bandwidth issue, its going to be pretty minimal compared to the type of stuff people typically use their mobiles for ie videos. Maybe pricing for mobile phones is a bit different in the US than over here though.

If you're that concerned though why not just hide it completely on mobile?

I use both BUT my pc network is a limited bandwidth cell hotspot. A simple picture up top(I like what's up there now) isn't a big deal imo, but a scrolling gallery or something like that could be.

Back