How do you view the TreeHouse?

PC or Phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use a tablet/pc. My phone is a small iPhone se that I carry in my top shirt pocket. Not much of a screen on it for looking at pictures.

I'm big on small websites. I don't want my already 10+ years slower computer to be harassed by lots of data just to load one page.

That being said, you do have room up top for 2 more pics, maybe search all files that have been uploaded for wide screen candidates to be voted on. I want to see more excellent up close action that helps define the variety in tree work, of course with a hint of unusual (it's not every day and every tree co that uses a 90cc saw in the tree). Perhaps find one that has lots of fancy rigging, and one with top of the line equipment.

Soon enough. I want 2: one of a little better performance that what I have now for internet use, and I want to build a second to easily support pro video and photo editing software, and at least 50 audio channels, and a large MIDI interface.

Some of the slowness is the internet having to load everything. At least you don't have a bunch of video ads on here. No speed issues now, but don't make it worse. Besides can't you have the mobile site not include the images at the top?

I didn't mean the Tree Stuff thing, I just meant other non ad pics you might want at the top could maybe not be included on the mobile version. I've never considered the Tree Stuff banner a problem.

Just checked my phone, the pic of you is really cool, I say leave it. But two more on the desk top version would be nice.

@Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
Pc only for me. The tablet sucks heavily with the touch screen. The phone has a so tiny screen that I've an hard time to see something, even with my glass.

I got the optic fiber in june, but the Pc is now even slower than before for loading. The imgur is already a lost cause for me, Firefox freezes/crashes repeatedly due to compatibility or/and memory issues. When I see all the crap asked to load the simplest page, that makes me mad. A line or even just a point has it's own link to get it somewhere !!! WTF ???

The thing I hate is when logging into ebay or paypal, and I have to wait 20 seconds just for a blank page and username/password lines. A lot more going on with that page than it appears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, that sucks. All my stuff happens instantly... I'm getting 200 Mbps.

So, for ya'll device viewers, does that center pic of me look right? Line-up with things???

And? What does that mean?

I"m beginning to understand what you mean, @Brandon - more pics just wouldn't fit.
Right, that's my concern. If I add more pictures to that space, on a wider screen they'd be spread across the width of it, but on a phone screen they'll be vertically stacked and take up an entire length of the screen. This is what I see now:

1E17B784-68E2-4A02-87E9-E67639CCBBC5.png

That looks perfect.

I don't any the reason to move the sponsor to the green.

For me, one thing on the new forum is a serious slowing down : the smilies.
I know, old PC and the associated problems, but when I want to put a smiley in my text, my pc starts the loading and shows a small window with very few smilies and some codes of others (even not the pics), then it freezes for several minutes. I followed it once and I found 5 minutes ! Some times, it's quicker, say 2 minutes, but instant replies aren't allowed !

Question :
Is it absolutely mandatory to load 1958 smilies and various tiny pics ( yes I took the time to count them) when I just want to put a :D ?
Now, it's more a :X.

:beer:nonetheless.
@Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't cry if we lost ALL the imported smilies - all those lower ones. I asked Brandom to import them but if they are a problem I say let's lose them.

I had no idea was had this much 💩 to choose from 👾 And you can choose the size and color too 8)

I had no delay in loading the list on my miserably slow computer ( which is so slow now I can barely watch 720p videos saved to the computer)

Why don't you upgrade? You already have the peripherals! Just get a new computer/tower part! You'll kick yourself afterward for not acting sooner...

I see the picture of Butch either way, depending on how I hold the iPhone.

Attachments

• 0BAD1AE5-9A84-464D-A742-5BEC31985589.png
    0BAD1AE5-9A84-464D-A742-5BEC31985589.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 24826DFD-886C-42C1-A541-5BA23F60B5B9.png
    24826DFD-886C-42C1-A541-5BA23F60B5B9.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Back