Things that go bump in the night!

Good to read you're in good spirits and about your hearing Stig.

Hope the rest of your recovery goes as well.

Wow, I've been busy the previous four days and haven't made time for more than sleeping or working. Glad to hear you're on the mend, hopefully they can get the headache abated so you can have some comfort.

Sounds about as good as can be stig. Hope everything comes back together without issue.

Thanks for sharing your updates, good progress! Be oh so careful with those head injuries, I'm sure Margot has you (as we say in Bermuda) 'under manners'....:)

Good report, brother. Multiple skull fractures???? You are a tough SOB.

I have had ruptured eardrums twice...once springboard diving when about 13 years old....teaching myself to do a "one and a half"...gyro must have shut down because I hit the water sideways off the 1 meter board...POW...what a pain that was. Fast forward about 10 years...we were scuba diving at Crystal River in FL. The anchor was stuck and it would be a royal pain to put dive gear back on to unstick the anchor. We were in about 25-30 feet of water. I put on mask and fins and snorkeled down and freed the anchor...ears didn't equalize right on the way down but I figured I'd just tough it out and get the anchor. Bad decision...I spent the next several days of that trip in misery...saw a doc and he said, "yep, burst your eardrum"...from the attitude I heard the unspoken "dumbass". Once that healed I found myself clearing my ears several times a minute...a habit that still persists.

Ruptured eardrums are a very bad pain in my experience....maddening pain, constant. Hope you are tolerating it OK.

Wow, Gary. Do they heal after rupturing?

I've had a clogged ear for 3 months now, its so bad it doesn't need ear pro at work. Hoping to get it cleared this weekend at the walk in, usually go to an ear doctor but he's closed due to covid

The ear drum needs only 0.3 bar to rupture (4.2 psi). That's just 3m water deep (10'). A common county's swimming pool is enough to be injured if you dive careless to the bottom.

Stig, I'm so glad you go through this new misery. You freaked me again. I don't want to count the number of times you did it since the last few years though. Take care of you.

The eardrums will heal. At least mine did. But it was a slow process. Then I was gingerly going back under water again. Marc Antoine is right. It doesn't take much depth to burst an eardrum. Anytime you go underwater you need to be equalizing pressure properly every few feet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, I am luckily free of any medicine right now.

Be back on chemo for the leukemia in a year or two, but for now I'm clean.

Well, I was till I did my stunt.
Painkillers now.

Wow, Gary. Do they heal after rupturing?

I've had a clogged ear for 3 months now, its so bad it doesn't need ear pro at work. Hoping to get it cleared this weekend at the walk in, usually go to an ear doctor but he's closed due to covid
try dug store hydrogen peroxide drops int he ear. Cleared me out about 10 years back and no problems since then.

I tried home remedies of Debrox etc, didn't work for me. They did it for me today at the walk in. Used hydrogen peroxide and water mix, used a syringe, got it all cleaned out, gave me a syringe for future at-home cleaning. Everything sounds amplified now, yippee :rockon:

H2O2 for the win....just having a chainsaw doesn't win the day...but knowing HOW to use that saw makes a treeman. Using common things to cure maladies is the magic of shamans, witch doctors, medical doctors.....

Damn Stig. What an ordeal to suffer, you've certainly had your share recently. Hope the recovery goes smoothly.

Back