The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

JoshTheBearClawDonutGuy,
WELCOME !!!
"Mmmmmmmm, donuts" (Homer Simpson... again!)
Thanks for posting, cool read, ey ?

Jp,

If you've worked for Sam Noonan, then you've gotta be a bonified treeman. Welcome aboard.

Any NEWBIES this week ???
What R y'all SHY or something ?
Consider the benefits pkg. :
Rborist1 gives out nice hugs
WiltingOak will bring you up to speed (hourly) on U.S. politics
Skwerl & Treetx will lend you the wisdom of patience with others
TreeSpyder shows succinctly in words what his mind is envisioning
Gigi & the gals are here to do your laundry
That one guy, Mr. Butch... Well, watch out for him !
I could go on & on ...
AND I DO !!! >>> It's like Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, only in the trees.
C'mon In !!!
:P

hey my name is bronson. i have a hard time opening up. but i love all that i learn here.

Howdy

Howdy Everyone
My name is Mike,I live in the midwest in the state of misery,oh sorry that's the state of Missouri,around the Kansas City area.I collect saws, and have been messing around with saws from around age 12.
I work at a Stihl dealership and I'am getting ready to go and get my masters certificate.I was told about the site by a friend in Sweden Magnus,and have been a member of the chainsaw collectors forum for almost a year.He said and I quote"the guys and gals here are great you'll like it here".Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting many of you,now that I've made my first post.Lets get our tray tables and seat backs in their upright and locked postions,and lets get the party started!!:D

No don't do much cutting anymore,I'am usually to busy fixing other peoples saws.
But I like it and am still amazed at what some people do to their saws!:O Just plain funny sometimes:lol:
See Ya
Mike8)

Thanks for the warm welcome I know I'am going to like it here:D
See Ya
Mike8)

Just thought from your avatar the feller buncher the death of my falling career:cry: . Cool machines just ruined hand falling though IMO

Not much around here for a mechanical harvester to cut.I haven't worked on one yet.I just didn't want to post a pic of me yet I might scare the women and childern:what: Naw just kidding still working the bugs out of the pic posting thing still not very good at it,Stefan said I just need more practice:P Any way I do keep a 3/4" pitch chain in the shop for those smartasses that come in and ask for a chain,and when I ask them what pitch,and gauge.They say they are all the same,I walk out with that bigass chain their eyes get as wide as grapefruits:O and then say that won't fit on my saw!I thought you said they where all the same?:lol: I piss a few off but most have a good sence of humor.:D
See Ya
Mike8)

Hi ya'll- I hail from Central Miss. and have been involved with tree stuff since the "80's( if you include the tree farm stuff). Started working construction, then went to an electric power company for a-while. While on the ROW crew, learned about climbing and bought some climbing gear and a Poulan Pro. As the years have progressed so has my equipment inventory( though nothing to compare with others). Haven't been able to do much since 9-11- odd and end jobs. Was activated since that time and was active during Katrina. Took a pretty good storm loss- used the insurance to buy a 55' bucket and some more equipment. Looking forward to getting back into the tree work full time( so is my WIFE!). Thanks Mr. Butch for an excellant site- and I thank all others for sharing the knowledge that can only make one better.

...how did I end up here? must've been a searching for saw info..

I'm not a "tree guy", but I came here looking for info on saws and it looks interesting, so I'll check it out for awhile. Theres a lot of crossover info here that relates to to work and play for me

I'm currently an estimator for a structural steel contractor, and it's not a job I like, but it pays the bills for now...I'd much rather be out in the field instead of being stuck in the office.

Outside of work I play with Jeeps and I own a Tucker Sno-Cat. these allow me to get out in the woods year round.

Eric

Back