The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Nice website. My german sucks but I get the idea. Velcome to das treehouse?:lol: Hey where's the pics of your in line system?

No dear, I think you are wrong.
We foundet our company in june 2006.

with video have you seen?
and when have you seen it.
Bodean

Have you seen our homepage? perhaps the Logo will help

I stand corrected.

I thought maybe I was wrong.

Why did you call me Dear?
I'm just curious because usually only my
Grandmother, Mother and Girlfriend call me that.

Your Webpage is beautiful, Nice and vibrant.

If I am New or Old Treehouser I do not know. I have been only to read some of the posts for over a year. I am glad to be back. I love to read the threads my class likes to read them also. Good to be back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I am New or Old Treehouser I do not know. I have been only to read some of the posts for over a year. I am glad to be back. I love to read the threads my class likes to read them also. Good to be back.

Hey Ron, good to read you! I'm glad your students enjoy the TreeHouse! :beerchug:

:big-jump:
TC3 is glad for any & all newcomers here.
C'mon in, grab a cup o' joe & join us.
So what if we make you do a few loads of wash ? Whadya expect ?!?
I truly enjoy the newbies, be they new to the biz or new to the TreeHouse.
Please, feel free to join in, I get too full o' myself when I'm the only one posting !
Group Hug,
TC3
a.k.a. Theresa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see many new TreeHousers but I don't see them joining in and posting.

Nothing to fear here, trust me. ;)

It's all good.

Hey everyone,

Been a member for a while and know a lot of you but better introduce myself to those that don't know me. Spent time on most of the tree sites. Have been around trees and saws for almost thirty years but have never depended on it for a living. It is one of my many hobbies. I bowl, waterski, horseshoe pitch, camp, collect music, love fishing, cut wood and mess with fixin saws. I live in Acton Ontario Canada with my three angels (wife and two daughters). I also enjoy computers and dabling with photoshop. My first name is Arnie.

Hey, Arnie ! >>> Let's talk about that music collection, ey ?!? LOL
Sounds like fun !
The photoshop scares me... & judging by your avatar pic, you mean BIZ with it ! LOL !
Cheers !
TC3
(a.k.a. Theresa)

Hey everyone! I just found this site a couple of days ago. You might have seen me on the other two poplular sites.

I didn't see this thread until I had already posted. So here goes.

I started climbing when my dad had a bid to prune trees on our property. He had the mind set of most people, "geez, that's a lot of money, I'll just get my son to do it."

Well he told me about it, and we started researching gear. I dived into Alex Shigo's books, G.F. Berinaks book, and the Tree Climbers Companion. I learned alot. So we ordered the gear, and I read ALOT, on the forums.

Shortly after my head hurt, from all the stuff I was learning, I went to work for a friend of mine in the business. (Kinda got scared at everyone yelling at the newbies to get proper training before they attempted anything related to arborculture.)

Then my gear finally arrived and we played and played. I then pruned our 22 trees on our property from very mature honey locusts to maples, and the younger trees.

It gave me enough experience before I got the bug to start my own business. That was over a year ago, and I'm still going strong.

I never stop learning and educating myself, shoot I spend almost two hours everynight browsing the forums and the web. (There is a lot of cr@p to wade through.)

All in all, I got the tree climbing bug, and I absolutely LOVE what I do.

Thanks everyone for the information you take the time to share with others!

BTW... My name is Josh, and I live just west of Denver at the foothills to the Colorado Rockies.

I can't wait to go to a Expo or competition. Too bad everyone lives so far away, I would love to hang out with you pros and pick your brains. (Like Nick and Bodean hanging that cool swing.)

Hey, Arnie ! >>> Let's talk about that music collection, ey ?!? LOL
Sounds like fun !
The photoshop scares me... & judging by your avatar pic, you mean BIZ with it ! LOL !
Cheers !
TC3
(a.k.a. Theresa)

We can talk music anytime Theresa. I have mostly pop music but shoot off here and there to various styles. I have about 12,000 mp3's in my collection. If you are looking for anything I probably have it and can email it too you, and yeah I love messing with pics.....LOL.

thx and cheers.

Josh, you will find this to be a great place to learn & come for encouragement. Arnie, my man that is one freaking, scary Santa!

I figure I'm still to new to be officially welcoming anyone but welcome anyways to all newcomers like myself. Josh I think we used to read each other on another forum that I no longer attend, welcome over good to have ya. I'm in about the same situation as you going it on my own and just starting out. This place has been great for finding useful information without having to wade through so much crap, and for just hanging out. Thanks, everyone.
:)

a little intro...

I just saw this thread this morning, but here goes....

have been on a couple of the other forums, and this one seems pretty good so far, so I'm stoked. living in hawaii right now, originally from northern california.

I became obsessed with trees while I was a full time resident at a zen center in northern california. got out and moved to the coast and started working for a few companies and then went to work for sam noonan in santa rosa and worked for him for a while and was working for a surf shop before moving out to hawaii. going to UH on oahu now, studying horticulture and surfing.

and as a great tree guy once told me... "remember, SURFING COMES FIRST!"

cheers and am stoked to be here and it's cool to get to know all the great tree guys out there, it's such a great crowd.

jp:D

Back