The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Okay, our resident orthographer. Tell us how, please, how "arboriculture" is pronounced ...

Is it:

ar-BORE-uh-cull-chur

or

AR-bruh-cull-chur

:?

New faces make me smile !
Thanx for being here !!!
Fo' Sho !
Thanx to all of you for contributing. We don't bite, really... Well, reneg... We bite real gentle LOL !
I DARE YOU LURKERS TO POST !!!
Please make us who you know we are.

I would much rather get lined out here than make a fool of myself to a customer. I also have thick skin, so don't worry. I am not sure about doing this for a living -- don't misunderstand, I would love it, but I'm not sure I can make it go. I've got a lot up in the air right now. If circumstances allow, my cousin and I might give it a whirl. He will probably be the climber to start. I've got an ag chemical background, so I was thinking of going for my ornamental licenses and integrating that, as well. Start small, stay within our capabilities, and do an outstanding job. Then we would see if we can make it pay. Its all blue sky right now, but I hope we can decide to try or not by the first of the year.

Anyway, ARBORICULTURE. The cool thing is that I can misspell stuff that I know how to spell. What's that little abc check thing do?

Mike

Good attitude miket. I hope everything works out for ya!

I ken't speel fo shat ither. Good luck, getting started is the hard part. Hopefully your brother can survive the learning curve. Mistakes are costly when climbing.

Welcome Mike, Good pics. You must be doing more than tree work to live in D.C. I'm only down the road from ya, just outside Fredericksburg. If you get a tree job where you need some more guys, count me in. What got you interested in tree work? Looks like a red oak you're climbing. Strong wood.

Well I am a turntable DJ also, but that is more of a hobby. I dont get paid to do that yet! But I get paid very well to climb. I got into tree work when I was in my last year of High School in Texas. It was a job that was hooked up through a friend in church. After that I went in the USMC and tried other professions. After years of being unhappy at jobs I went back to my roots. And began tree work all over. I got back from Michigan last week and the next day had secured a position with Custom Touch Tree Care. I leave my bridges open and have many friends within the buisness. I have a nice size collection of shirts from all the companys I've worked for. I am most happy when Im caring for a trees. I'll send out a message if I could use you.

Well I guess it is about time that I introduce myself to everyone, only been lerking here for almost a year. Names Doug, and been doing tree work for almost 3 years. I work for one company part time and contract 3 days a week. But all that will change in a few months when I start up and contract full time. As well I just got into splicing recently so take it easy on me if I ask something stupid about it.

Welcome, DougClimber020 !!!
Good to have you here.
I enjoy your posts.

I think you're full of BS Climb. I don't think you are being honest. More to your gig than you implied.

Thats ok, no big deal. The only reason I had been traveling was to "get away" from the norm, a change of pace. Do some surfing. And see family and friends.

(I have been out of the USMC for 6 years.)

Hope that clears it up?

Hello

Hello we are treetec

Christine and Gerhard, some greetings from austria.

Welcome, Gehrard (sp.?) !!! and welcome, Christine...
Come on in, the water is fine !

Now I remember,

I saw something on the TV about TreeTec from Austria,
maybe it was a training video or something.

It just rings a bell.

maybe I'm wrong.

Welcome to the Tree House.

Treetec in TV?

No dear, I think you are wrong.
We foundet our company in june 2006.

with video have you seen?
and when have you seen it.
Bodean

Have you seen our homepage? perhaps the Logo will help

Back