Tapatalk voice recognition posting

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
So I just figured out something wicked about Tapatalk which is that you can easily post by voice from your phone to the treehouse no typing required. Its just like dictating. You have to say words like, except right there it put in the, symbol when I wanted to say the word comma . A few bugs to work out but easy as pie with a little figuring and clear speaking no need to stare at a screen up close to type.

So I just figured out that if you say

New paragraph, ... I just spelled out in order to get tapatalk to write those two words at the beginning of the sentence. Then it starts a

See there I needed to spell it out. I suspect the computer geniuses have figure this out to be pretty user friendly once you get used to it. It's amazing the human brains ability to adapt to new learning situations like how to dictate to your phone so that you do not have to type.

I've gathered from some people that they are not the greatest typist therefore they don't post as much information as they might otherwise. This might be particularly true of some old schoolers that aren't so computer savvy. Further my friend is dyslexic so he wouldn't type on a forum however he would have a ton of information to offer from his decades of tree work.

It seems to me that the voice recognition software has a lot more accuracy than when I try to type and in depth post on my phone as I'm only looking at one line of text possibly two lines of text while trying to type on the screen keyboard.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Using Tapatalk, on a smart phone, you can dictate your post.

Some people don't have keyboards, which reduces post content and often leads to typographical and syntax errors.
Smart phones and tablets can be frustrating to type on. It just took me ten to twelve attempts to get the cursor in the right place to make a correction. Then five more to fix what autocorrect thought I wanted. "

Just takes a bit of getting used too, such as saying "comma" in order to punctuate a sentence.

Saying "new paragraph" to start a new paragraph.

Speaking to post...the wave of the future. Catch it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I'm behind the times too much. maybe people are using voice recognition regularly now and I don't know that because I do sort of live in a bubble. And now I see that my new tablet has voice recognition built into a lot of the features which I had never noticed before. Speaking to post what I want to say is much easier. This post was fully spoken. it only needed one correction. so it's not limited to tap a talk for posting by voice, after all.

does anyone else use voice recognition for posting online?

Maybe I'm behind the times too much. maybe people are using voice recognition regularly now and I don't know that because I do sort of live in a bubble. And now I see that my new tablet has voice recognition built into a lot of the features which I had never noticed before. Speaking to post what I want to say is much easier. This post was fully spoken. it only needed one correction. so it's not limited to tap a talk for posting by voice, after all.

That was pretty impressive. How did it know to use "too" rather than "to" or "two"? Very clever.

Incredible , This is the first time I ever posted using speech recognition software on my handheld device . Thank you for pointing out this possibility . Corrections have been made using my keyboard . Just because I'm so new to using voice recognition software . However , This software works really well . I need to figure out how . . to adjust the amount of time that the microphone stays on. This is really amazing thank you for bringing this to my attention . To make this happen on my small Samsung handheld computer , I did not need to use Tapatalk.

I had never noticed on the Samsung keyboard that is on screen , there is an icon on the keyboard that looks like a stand up microphone. Once you press that icon, notification pops up that says "speak now". so far I'm finding it easier to do punctuation with the on screen keyboard, but for a first time effort this is incredibly easy. Sometimes wrong words get printed But I think I just need to slow down a bit. Some small mistakes I am not bothering to change just so that you can see what kinds of things the recognition software does. Its level of accuracy is really quite astonishing. Just about every word you see written here has been produced by the software and not find me typing on the keyboard. Sean I apologize for not posting earlier this is really amazing. Thank you so much. If it were not for you I would have owned this handheld computer for years and never known that it has this capability. Just now the software did have a problem recognizing the word "owned", which I did have to type using the handheld's keyboard.

Tim

Attempting to produce the previous post using the on-screen keyboard would have taken me an hour. I did it in about 10 minutes.

Hey, Mick! I do not own an iPad. Try to see on your on your on-screen keyboard if there is a microphone icon in place of a letter somewhere. That is what my Samsung keyboard did I did not have to download any special software.

You should have the software on your digital keyboard. Picture of a microphone, probably near your return key

Attempting to produce the previous post using the on-screen keyboard would have taken me an hour I did it in about 10 minutes.

This post was a mistake. It is a copy of a previous post. I have found myself unable to delete it. SOTC responded to it, though, so I'll just leave it be.

Tim

Last edited:
Then you may need to go into your apple store on the device and download tapatalk. Or see if there is a way to change your keyboard. I know on android I can change between 2-3 keyboards.

Merle Nelson needs to hear about this thread. He owns a Samsung handheld similar to mine. I think he would just love to try this voice recognition software if he knew about it.

My bigger problem is with the glitchy way that the Samsung interface works.

Tim

This is my Samsung one

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420387319675.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420387319675.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 28
Thanks Tim, I do need to hear about it. And thanks Sean and guys for posting on this and moving it forward.

I've known for a year or so that some of my friends are using voice to prep texts on the phone. But I have just continued to bang out texts there and posts here with my thumb. (Spending way longer than needed. And often not posting because it would take too long.)

You guys are my inspiration. I mean if a chain smoking chimpanzee whose life is based on revenge can do it...well I guess I should get off my lazy....

okay so this is my first post using voice recognition.if I start doing this that will be a major leap forward and then next is going back to Tapatalk I've had pictures I wanted to post for about a month and just haven't gotten it done because I can't get past the opening screen for some reason now.I'm posting this one with 0 corrections in case anybody wants to see that in the future I'll make corrections.

This is great. In the next generation no-one will be able to spell at all.

Back